Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Posts
      11
      Country Flag: Australia

      Ls1 5.7 4l60e conversion

      I'm a little confused, i have a used 5.7 4l60e combo out of a SS Comodore complete with computers and original harness for my 79 Firebird resto. I'm looking at switching from fuel injection to carb so i cam mount my shaker. Now what i'm confused about is what is required to controll the tranny? I see you can buy after market tranny controllers but is that all that is needed after i sort the carb conversion out?
      Cheers in advance for any help.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      Yes you will need a stand alone transmission controller as well as a TPS kit to mount on your carburetor. We offer direct fit TPS for every kind of 4bbl carburetor. The entire deal is plug and play with custom calibration and lifetime tech support.
      /Steevo
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by addon View Post
      I'm a little confused, i have a used 5.7 4l60e combo out of a SS Comodore complete with computers and original harness for my 79 Firebird resto. I'm looking at switching from fuel injection to carb so i cam mount my shaker. Now what i'm confused about is what is required to controll the tranny? I see you can buy after market tranny controllers but is that all that is needed after i sort the carb conversion out?
      Cheers in advance for any help.
      Why ditch the EFI with all of its advantages and go with a carb when you can retain EFI and the shaker? I have a shaker and a front inlet intake manifold. Check out my build thread for details.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Posts
      11
      Country Flag: Australia
      Thanks for the info guys, i checked out the build thread and that looks good. I didnt think it would be that easy to set up. The only reason i was changing to carb was to hook up the shaker but that set up will work. Thanks for the help




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com