Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Headlight Switch 70 Camaro

Ok so I am working on a 70 camaro with new wiring harness. I have to wire new headlight switch connector plug. I would go off the old one but I don't have it. Does anyone have a diagram for what wires will wire to the plug? I found 2 blue wires which one id the headlight switch and the other is the dimmer wire. I also see a grey wire that says dash lights will this need to wire to the headlight switch to make my Covans dash kit light up?

David Butler
      "If you're not first, you're last"
      67 Camaro Twin Turbo SBC (changing from Blow-thru to Holley HP EFI)

David, pretty sure that the 70 switch is the same as the 69. If so, then this diagram from my AAW manual may help you out...

Ok thanks alot. Where does your dimmer switch wire go here?
      David Butler

The Headlight feed runs to the dimmer switch. The dimmer switch has two wires that run from it to your low and hi beams.

Below is a Camaro wiring diagram that may help (Click for larger). The dimmer switch is at the top, left of middle (BEAM SELECTOR SWITCH).

Ok so i wired the tailights were they go and also the dash lights. i have a brown wire that goes out to the headlights that say low beam. It runs into the column to the dimmer switch along with e dimmer switch wire and a few other green wires. I have a blue wire that says headlight power so I ran it to were the headlights go on the connector and then I ran a constant hot to the 12 volt battery place on the connector. I havent hooked up dome lights or parking light but I turned on switch and NO lights. Do these have to be hooked up for the headlights and tailights to work. Should I hook the brown low beam wire where the connector says headlights and the headlight power to the 12 volt on the connector where I ran a constant hot? I am thinking I have the headlight part hooked up wrong.
      David Butler

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com