Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Eastern Indiana
      Posts
      193

      200R4 Trans Question

      Seen lots of info on relocated pickups and deeper pans for the 2004R, But all of them seem to be geared towards keeping the fluid to the trans on a wheels up launch.

      What should be done for the ones used in auto-x courses, or race course, even a start stop challenge?

      Those pickups and filter relocation kits put them in the rear of the deeper pan. Ive also read they overfill the trans by a quart.

      The deeper pan I can see, but not the filter location when going thru the twisties.

      Any ideas? Baffles ?

      Thanks

      Later

      Chris Reed
      Vice Director of the Indiana Buick GSCA Club
      "STG1RGL"
      82 Regal (in 87 sheetmetal) w/Buick Big Block 455
      (R.I.P. lost in my garage fire 01/09/14)
      www.cardomain.com/id/stg1regal

      7.5 G's Rule!!!


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      East Kern County, California
      Posts
      191
      Country Flag: United States
      I've been using the stock pan out at buttonwill and willow springs have not had any problems, the only issue I did have was overfilling by a little and it puked out the vent cap at the top of the trans after getting to temp while running the course.
      Steven Patillo


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com