Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 174

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Great project. I just read the whole thread and you are making great progress.



      With regard to the gauge layout. I recommend that you mount the tach and the speedo as close together as possible. I speak from experience on this. With a smaller diameter steering wheel, which I am sure you will be using, it will be hard to have full visibility of the two center gauges unless they are very close together. An alternative layout would be to mount the tach in the middle and a smaller speedo off to the side. While this setup is not symmetrical, it will be much more practical.

      Also make sure the the transmission crossmember can slide out of their perches by turning the crossmember clockwise or counter clockwise as viewed from the bottom. Remember, with the body in place, the exhaust in place, and the transmission raised just slightly off the crossmember, you will have precious little room to maneuver. I have my stock Pontiac style crossmember inside the c-channel of the frame, like the OEM was, and it is a challenge to remove it for servicing. I am just afraid that you will bolt everything together slide a body on top and then realize later that you can't remove the crossmember.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her




    Tags for this Thread


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com