Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 41 to 60 of 83

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Washington, MO
      Posts
      2,363

      '79 Monte - The Search for Animal Chin

      With a renewed focus and optimism, I've begun to dive back into my Monte Carlo. This time around, I'm actually having a good time with it. I've sold off the other distractions, the billet wheels and such. Now I feel like I'm moving in the direction of more of what I'd like the car to be. Clean, simple, functional, minimal, interesting and most of all, fun for me for work on and drive.

      I'm not going to get into the back story too much. I had an 80 Monte all throughout high school. It was my first car. I sold it to go away to college. I finished up, years later bought a small house and decided I wanted my Monte back. I bought this in July of 2003. Since then it's seen a lot of changes that I don't care to relive, so we are forging ahead with the here and now.

      Currently:
      GMPP 350/330hp crate engine
      750 edlebrock carb (too big)
      Hedman shorty ceramic headers
      2.5" x-pipe and magnaflow exhaust
      Bowtie Overdrives 200-4R Stage II Trans
      Alum radiator
      7.5 factor rear with Auburn pro posi
      3.73 gears

      LS1 front brakes on a g-body spindle
      Monte SS fast ratio steering
      Suspension Techniques sway bars
      Bilstein shocks
      Front: Tubular lower control arms
      SC&C stage 2 kit
      OPGI 3" lowering springs
      Rear: UMI upper and lower tubular arms
      Hotchkis springs

      Monte SS dash and gauges
      Cipher racing seats
      B/M megashifter (hate it)
      Alpine mp3/USB head unit
      Infinity speakers











    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com