Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
    Country Flag: Sweden

68 Camaro T/A

Some process on my '68 Camaro. Bodywork almost finished - yesterday I finished the front that has some modifications to the grill and lower valance...

/The Swede

Country Flag: China
    Looks great! I really like the front lower valance with the 69 driving lights and the openings closed. I think this will look killer without the front bumper which is what it looks like you have planned. The lower fenders welded in look much better than stock as well. Nice job.

P.S. If you want to make me one of those lower valances for my 68 camaro send me a PM. I am serious as this is what I plan on running - already have the 69 driving lights from Fesler.

Sweeeeet lookin ride.... The "FACILITY" its being built in looks even better. What kinda place is that? SHOP? Personal garage? AREA51? Wheres all the dust?
    Keep the picts comin.
    CAN YOU BUILD PROTOUR ON A BUDGET?! NOT!
    Time isn't something you have!
    It's something you make!

Quote Originally Posted by meenaggie View Post
    Looks great! I really like the front lower valance with the 69 driving lights and the openings closed. I think this will look killer without the front bumper which is what it looks like you have planned. The lower fenders welded in look much better than stock as well. Nice job.

P.S. If you want to make me one of those lower valances for my 68 camaro send me a PM. I am serious as this is what I plan on running - already have the 69 driving lights from Fesler.
    Thanks! Youīre correct - there will be no front bumber, nor rear. I live in Sweden so the front valance will spend most it days on boat, both getting to me before build and then back to You... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyboy67 View Post
    Sweeeeet lookin ride.... The "FACILITY" its being built in looks even better. What kinda place is that? SHOP? Personal garage? AREA51? Wheres all the dust?
    Keep the picts comin.
    Hehe, itīs my personal garage. Spent almost a month this fall on my knees laying tiles. Takes time for a rookie At the end of a day in the garage, I spend some time cleaning. More fun and inspiring entering next time. Thanks btw!

Need some cabinets and a proper workbench though.

Might be a good idea to post some picures of the body when I first got it.

Besides rust, the front fenders where crooked and the rear wheelopenings cut to fit some big tires. Figured itīs a good body to learn some metalwork on. Yes Iīm a noob - this is the first time for me

I don't care about the car, I want the garage. lol

Car looks goo too. haha
    1973 Datsun 240 Z
    2.8L Turbocharged and Injected, WIP.

DIY Fuel injection forums and information

Country Flag: United States
    +1 also want ur garage! wow!! nice work on the camaro! keep up good work!
    Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)

1972 Buick Skylark GS 455 (Stage 1 Clone)

Wow, great work! And yes, your garage is awesome, I think your floor is cleaner than my kitchen counters

-matt

heck! ill take the tires the car is sitting on! hahaha and the inside of the garage is awesome!!!!-Dom
    Dom Buffa
    69 Camaro- 2JZ /Garrett 67MM, Ls1 13" Front disc conversion, 18" ROH 3 piece Modenas

Ditto on the garage... amazing!
    Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Quote Originally Posted by monteboy84 View Post
    Wow, great work! And yes, your garage is awesome, I think your floor is cleaner than my kitchen counters

-matt
    Hehe, itīs not this tidy all the time. Glad most of the welding and grinding is done though - that stuff gets everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by 69projectKAOS View Post
    heck! ill take the tires the car is sitting on! hahaha and the inside of the garage is awesome!!!!-Dom
    I had those tires mounted on my OZ-wheels for awhile on my '68 SS. The slicks are used in Porsche Cup, cut some threads though so it wouldnīt get to slippery.

Thanks, everybody!

The outside of the garage is gonna get an overhaul as soon as thereīs reasonable temperatures. Think Iīll move to California - too cold here!

I was actually a little scared when i fist saw the garage,
    looking forward to follow your build. working on a 68 my self, also my first. where in sweden are you located.
    Martin

Aah, a "neighbour"! I live in the middle of Sweden, approx 160km north of Stockholm. This is my third '68 Camaro - never get tired of them!

Nice project and AWESOME garage!!

I really like the "trolly" system going across the space. What kind of capacity does the hoist have and what kind of "backbone" system do you have in place to span that kind of distance without any support posts along the way? Do you have a metal structure behind the two long walls that support the I-beam running down the middle?

Also, did you use some kind of "epoxy" grout with your tiling to make sure they didn't absorb any kinds of oil and grease? I know how clumsy I am and I spill engine and transmission oil on my floor all the time!
    Ray
    FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
    1972 VW Bug (632 ci BBC/Souped-up Tremec T56 Magnum/9"-3.50)
    18"x12" (335/30/18) Front, 19"x13" (345/30/19) Rear
    https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Country Flag: Canada
    That garage is amazing, the car is too.

That's not a garage.....that's an operating room! Don't forget your shoe covers!
    MarkK

Quote Originally Posted by BossaNova View Post
    That's not a garage.....that's an operating room! Don't forget your shoe covers!
    LOL.

That sad part is, it appears to be a true statement.
    1973 Datsun 240 Z
    2.8L Turbocharged and Injected, WIP.

DIY Fuel injection forums and information

Quote Originally Posted by 454bug View Post
    Nice project and AWESOME garage!!

I really like the "trolly" system going across the space. What kind of capacity does the hoist have and what kind of "backbone" system do you have in place to span that kind of distance without any support posts along the way? Do you have a metal structure behind the two long walls that support the I-beam running down the middle?

Also, did you use some kind of "epoxy" grout with your tiling to make sure they didn't absorb any kinds of oil and grease? I know how clumsy I am and I spill engine and transmission oil on my floor all the time!
    The hoist can lift 1500kg (~3000pounds?). There are three pillars that holds the I-beam - one almost in the middle and one at each end in the wall. Itīs supported sideways by a wooden structure in the wall. As long as it lifts approx 1000lb (engine/tranny) Iīm good

In the pictures the grout seems to be grey, but thats because itīs a little dusty after I polished the floor (to clean it the first time from grit etc). The grout is actually almost black (granite color). Choose dark cause of the reason You mentioned, so itīs not "epoxy grout"...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev View Post
    That garage is amazing, the car is too.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BossaNova View Post
    =D Haha, as mentioned it tends to get messy sometimes also.

/The Doctor ;)

Looking good so far. And that's a sweet garage
    Traven

That has to be one of the nicest floors for a garage I have ever seen, nice work

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast