Results 1 to 3 of 3
-
10-08-2018 #1
Procar Elite Seat Install - 1967 Mustang
After researching a bunch of different seat options for my 1967 Mustang, I ended up going with the Procar Elite reclining seats. I wanted a seat that would be comfortable enough to eventually run the Power Tour, and also provide side support for heavy cornering. I originally purchased the Procar Sportsman seats, but the side bolstering in the shoulder-region was too tight for me, and the race look didn't fit the overall feel of my car.
Installing the slider brackets to the seat is pretty straight-forward with the supplied hardware from Procar. The sliders have a nice coat of grease on them, so I would highly recommend a pair of gloves for the install. The sliders have three-height positions for mounting the adapter bracket to. Note that if you want to use the middle location, you will more than likely need to cut off the tallest one to prevent interference with your floor.
After purchasing some hardware, I bolted the brackets to the floor with the shortest-stubs facing forward, placing the seat further back. This seems to work well for my height (5'-10"), but not ideal for rear passengers, or in my case, car seats.
After cutting the height tabs on the bracket, I bolted the seat to the adapter bracket. Be careful to get the bolts started by hand first, and then tighten with a wrench or socket. Note that if you would like to use the lowest height position with the brackets, you will need to use a bolt with a lower profile head: otherwise the slider will bottom out on the bolt head.
As for fit, the sides of the seat sit tight against my door trim, making it a bit tough to reach the seat belt if it's laying along side. The height of the seats is ok using the middle option on the brackets. But, will notice that the sun visors are now in your sight line a bit more, and your head is pretty close to your headliner. Other than that, the seats are really comfortable and provide much better bolster support than my stock seats. I plan on eventually running a DOT harness with these, but for now will just run the standard lap belt.
The recline and tilt work really well with these, and provide a lot of adjustability.



Reply With Quote