Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Results 761 to 780 of 949
    1. #761
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Tobin at Kore3 Rocks !!!

      I learned a bunch building the Syborg truck that sometime more isn't better. While it seems really cool to have the biggest baddest stuff, if you goal is to build it to drive you are much better off building it with "Big 3" parts.

      Why because if you need it like right now because you are broke down you can find it at an auto parts store. This is why I choose to go with Kore3 brakes on this project. His customer service is outstanding and his knowledge it overwhelming. I needed new brake lines and I called him and he had a set coming in and he was kind enough to put my name on it. Two weeks later they where at my shop.



      Andrew Strikes again !

      Yes, he has convinced me to go drive by wire. So I once again I contacted Keith at Custom Works Performance. Custom Works designed this bracket and it is the only one I found that mounts in multiple location which keeps the pedal very stable. I have seen a couple others and they tend to rock on the firewall which is not good.

      Name:  20210817134720-1df113c4-me.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  129.3 KB

      Name:  20211009111145-53c39276-me.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  33.1 KB



      You can find it here on Ebay

      https://www.ebay.com/itm/22455701114...UAAOSwAz1c~rGF

      The kits comes with everything you need to mount the pedal and all you need to do is have it painted or powder coated.

      Name:  20210817134723-bfb24548-me.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  113.1 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech


    2. #762
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      It was late but I went out to the Garage anyway. (06-12-21 )

      I didn't have much time tonight but I decided to go out to the garage.


      I decided to run the GPS sensor for the Holley dash since it is a simple project.


      Name:  20211009111319-4c7d7af9-me.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  168.8 KB


      Name:  20211009111326-2bccb460-me.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  126.2 KB



      Name:  20211009111331-7d1a4c3c-me.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  72.8 KB


      For now I just mounted the wires near the back of the dash.


      Name:  20211009111328-0d12d9ae-me.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  128.3 KB


      Well, I know I shouldn't have gone out to the garage as I ended up being out there way to long.


      Name:  20211009111336-d4d6a34a-me.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  119.8 KB


      I started running wires from the ECU to the brake light switch (still not connected) and the ignition hot wires over to the fuse panel.


      Name:  20211009111339-d3dcddb3-me.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  131.8 KB


      I also started running the Additional output wires to the P-Side kick panel


      Name:  20211009111343-2fea8ee7-me.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  150.2 KB


      Made another hole in the car.


      Name:  20211009111349-74cf7fc7-me.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  102.1 KB


      Labeled all of the wires with Heat Shrink wrap.


      Name:  20211009111409-04fbd6d6-me.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  98.1 KB


      Started planning the DBW routing.


      Name:  20211009111422-98ce69cb-me.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  117.6 KB

      Name:  20211009111432-843d3829-me.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  155.6 KB


      More Instruction that I need to sit down and read.


      Name:  20211009111435-9024790a-me.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  129.9 KB


      Pictures for reference.


      Name:  20211009111438-32381c98-me.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  55.3 KB


      Name:  20211009111441-63ff1627-me.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  57.0 KB


      Wires


      Name:  20211009111447-e2c8b291-me.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  138.9 KB


      Plugging it all in.


      Name:  20211009111459-4ec0c0f7-me.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  132.7 KB


      I recently started my bucket of shame


      Name:  20211009111517-c9adbf54-me.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  153.0 KB


      Let's not forget the vacuum line...ugh


      Name:  20211009111522-fc10021f-me.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  92.6 KB


      Just in case you all were interested in the part #'s of the heat shrink tube I am using.


      Name:  20211009111526-5a3406b4-me.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  116.0 KB


      Calling it a night even thought I was only going to be out in the garage for a short period of time I stayed a little longer and got a bunch done.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #763
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      More parts and more holes (06-13-21)

      The pile of parts in the attic is getting smaller.


      Name:  20211009111539-63a02540-me.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  99.0 KB


      So I need to get this giant plug through the firewall and I have no desire to make a big hole in the firewall.


      Name:  20211009111543-d3232dc8-me.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  158.0 KB


      Name:  20211009111547-29eb1d32-me.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  98.0 KB


      Yes, Once again I called Andrew to ask him how to take this plug apart.


      Name:  20211009111551-fb1de80e-me.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  135.0 KB


      Mike and I trying to figure out the best location for the two holes.


      Name:  20211009111553-79385c24-me.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  132.6 KB


      Name:  20211009111557-2a99e0b6-me.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  102.8 KB


      Name:  20211009111608-7d5b31c5-me.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  92.0 KB


      Name:  20211009111611-dffcf472-me.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  139.3 KB


      Name:  20211009111612-e305e24e-me.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  93.8 KB


      Name:  20211009111648-d9b2de91-me.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  82.7 KB


      Name:  20211009111659-b6097ab4-me.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  130.0 KB


      Big Drill, Big Hole and lot's of torque just because I needed a bigger bit.


      Name:  20211009111705-ed15be0a-me.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  88.9 KB


      Thank god I missed the harness I never even thought to look where I was drilling.


      Name:  20211009111712-e3bef6d9-me.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  143.3 KB



      He is finally getting comfortable in the garage.


      Name:  20211009111718-bdc17ca3-me.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  120.7 KB


      Side note we also work on 4Runners


      Name:  20211009111728-a46d1e37-me.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  127.0 KB


      Name:  20211009111746-31761030-me.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  118.4 KB


      The holes have been plugged.


      Name:  20211009111732-de86987f-me.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  85.1 KB


      Name:  20211009111739-7f6b592a-me.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  102.1 KB


      Name:  20211009111737-59d190d2-me.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  44.9 KB


      Mike taking the plug apart


      Name:  20211009111750-ec9344a5-me.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  129.4 KB


      Name:  20211009111807-5217429a-me.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  116.7 KB


      Name:  20211009111815-8098b235-me.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  123.9 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #764
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      25
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Thank god I missed the harness I never even thought to look where I was drilling.

      Name:  20211009111712-e3bef6d9-me.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  143.3 KB
      That is truly frightening! Glad nothing was damaged.

    5. #765
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Man...you're making solid progress! When is first start?
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    6. #766
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      My OCD Got The Best of Me (06-13-21)

      So I just don't like how the wire look coming out of the firewall so here we go again.

      The tape is coming off and more to come later on the wire harness

      Name:  20211009111815-8098b235-me.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  123.9 KB


      Name:  20211009111818-423312e0-me.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  87.6 KB


      Name:  20211009111825-7012c8bd-me.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  114.6 KB


      A couple more notes.

      Name:  20210817134644-45336280-me.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  118.3 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    7. #767
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Took a Couple Days Off and a Good Friend Stopped by Today (06-19-21)

      At some point I removed the Tech-Flex wire wrap to expose the wires so I could run them in the direction I wanted them to go.

      Name:  202108171347163e16a669me-1.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  133.3 KB

      Name:  20210817134727d5abb1f5me-1.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  135.6 KB

      Name:  20210817134741b7c75efeme-1.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  157.0 KB

      While we are here I might as well remove the wire's that I will not need.

      Name:  20210817134743439eba0dme-1.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  83.0 KB

      Name:  20210817134747fceae588me-1.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  139.5 KB

      Twist ties are your friend when doing small projects like this.

      Name:  2021081713475247ee06b5me-1.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  141.2 KB

      I also pulled out the Holley Dash and the Classic Dash Insert.

      Name:  20210817134754fa931b49me-1.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  91.5 KB

      I also re-wrapped the wire loom.

      Name:  20210817134809-a2dbf270-me.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  90.3 KB

      Name:  20210817134812-146383ec-me.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  89.3 KB

      Here is the part description for the small firewall grommet that I used on the DBW Pedal and the Vacuum hose.

      Name:  20210817134800-3781791a-me.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  80.5 KB

      Since I had a second person I could finally/temporally install the drive by wire pedal bracket.

      Name:  20210817134720-1df113c4-me.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  129.3 KB

      Name:  20210817134723-bfb24548-me.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  113.1 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    8. #768
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Man...you're making solid progress! When is first start?
      Honestly I am hoping before Christmas.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #769
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Toccoa View Post
      That is truly frightening! Glad nothing was damaged.

      Someone was definitely watching over me that is for sure.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    10. #770
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Lower Dash Bracket (06-19-21)

      Quick stop at O'Reilly's Autoparts for some vacuum hose which will be getting installed soon.


      Name:  20210817134829-c88cd824-me.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  99.2 KB


      Name:  20210817134834-b9457428-me.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  120.4 KB


      At some point I need to mock up the fitting that go under the manifold.


      Name:  20210817134844-9f0c7bf8-me.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  107.7 KB


      Lower Dash Brackets have been located and now it is time to finally install them. I hope the ECU wires don't run into this bracket.


      Name:  20210817134854-654655d6-me.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  111.4 KB



      Name:  20210817134904-d1d93080-me.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  129.3 KB


      Name:  20210817134906-03e28604-me.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  118.5 KB


      Name:  20210817134910-9f932b02-me.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  140.7 KB


      Name:  20210817134918-b17fef7d-me.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  148.9 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #771
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Holley ECU Wiring, Yes there is more !! ( 06-22-21 )

      So does anyone have the module to the DSE Wiper Harness as mine seems to be missing.

      Name:  20210817134705-6bd428e7-me.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  111.9 KB

      Running more wires over to the passenger side kick panel.

      Name:  20210817134945-402fe69e-me.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  163.6 KB

      Name:  20210817134952-f98ba497-me.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  131.4 KB

      Name:  20210817134955-4e21705b-me.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  142.4 KB

      Made another hole for the wires.

      Name:  20210817135009-c79bd0bb-me.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  112.1 KB

      Name:  20210817135015-9c2a2535-me.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  128.4 KB

      Since I had room I moved the ECU up about an inch.

      Name:  20210817135028-28aa1c15-me.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  143.7 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    12. #772
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Connecting the O2 Sensor ( 06-25-21 )

      Am I finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel ??

      Today's project is to connect the O2 sensor to the Holley ECU.

      Name:  20210817135042-7766ec22-me.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  106.8 KB

      If you look closely you can see the wire coming from the ECU that plugs into the O2 sensor.

      Name:  20210817135044-544291cc-me.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  125.9 KB

      Since I have an excess of O2 wire I once again opened the harness up and plan to pull the O2 wire it back into the interior.

      Name:  20210817135052-228c5116-me.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  148.1 KB

      Name:  20210817135101-63e50bd7-me.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  149.2 KB

      Everything looked good and I had it all taped up and ready to wrap and I discovered that there is an adapter to connect the O2 sensor harness to the Holley harness... UGH !!!

      Name:  20210817135104-4ba89663-me.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  94.4 KB

      So I pulled another eight or nine inches of wire back into the interior.

      Name:  20210817135111-47775355-me.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  139.8 KB

      All back together.

      Name:  20210817135129-c0d1726b-me.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  130.8 KB

      I guess there is more wiring...ugh

      Name:  20210817135135-0a09ed72-me.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  141.5 KB

      Name:  20210817135139-cef0ca60-me.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  140.3 KB

      My Daughter came out to test her flexibility as I was wrapping it up for the night.

      Name:  20210817135144-94124214-me.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  160.6 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    13. #773
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      No Need to cry over spilled Tea. ( 07-03-21 )

      I swear the car looks the same every time I walk out to the garage. However, I promise I am doing a bunch of work.


      Name:  20210817135200-9d947173-me.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  163.4 KB


      So my plug wires are a little short and I just learned the the plug wire for the truck motor are a little bit longer. Can anyone confirm this for me.


      Name:  20210817135202-8c56722a-me.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  98.3 KB


      So 10 minutes in the garage and I spill a large glass of Ice Tea all over my Bike Tool Box.


      Name:  20210817135205-d72b78bb-me.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  106.7 KB


      and of course it spilled on all of my notes


      Name:  20210817135223-beffed3c-me.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  148.3 KB


      and the stuff behind my toolbox


      Name:  20210817135227-282690d0-me.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  140.3 KB


      looks like I am going to have to wash the floor.


      Name:  20210817135231-85194dae-me.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  179.1 KB


      Honestly the drumstick made me feel much better.


      Name:  20210817135238-2602c2a4-me.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  67.7 KB


      Back to the wiring...


      Name:  20210817135242-c1f64fa8-me.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  155.0 KB


      I made the decision to buy the Wiring Specialties Coil Harness and wow it was worth every single dollar. I want to thank Andrew for the advise.


      Name:  20210817135254-58382756-me.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  102.8 KB


      Name:  20210817135304-c4b31c0c-me.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  111.7 KB


      Name:  20210817135310-5ffd19a4-me.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  114.0 KB


      Name:  20210817135320-6b6e14bf-me.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  123.2 KB


      Name:  20210817135323-9a114a3d-me.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  92.7 KB


      So I need to shorten the loom as it is insanely long.


      Name:  20210817135348-4bda5c9a-me.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  137.3 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    14. #774
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      46
      Country Flag: United States
      Just read through all 700+ posts over the last few days. Great thread and fantastic car!!

    15. #775
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bkbkbk View Post
      Just read through all 700+ posts over the last few days. Great thread and fantastic car!!
      Thank you Thank You it sure has been fun and I am having a blast this time around.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    16. #776
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Posts
      510
      Country Flag: United States
      Marty, you're the DaVinci of projects sir, absolutely never disappoint when I check in!! Glad to see you're doing well and are still hitting it hard.

      LS truck plug wires are longer than LS1 style.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

    17. #777
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
      Marty, you're the DaVinci of projects sir, absolutely never disappoint when I check in!! Glad to see you're doing well and are still hitting it hard.

      LS truck plug wires are longer than LS1 style.
      Thank you for the kind words.

      I will be ordering plug wires this week. Any chance someone knows the part # for a set of MSD red wires.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #778
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Found them

      Name:  IMG_5168.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  151.7 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    19. #779
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      The wire loom is looking better...finally

      The wire loom looks a little better but I am still not 100% satisfied so I will most likely be doing it over again at some point.

      Name:  20210817135413-deb4d12c-me.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  130.3 KB

      I placed the injector harness where it should go however my goal is to hide the wires under the manifold and have the wires run up and out to the injectors.

      Name:  20210817135419-c15e2b73-me.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  114.6 KB

      Name:  20210817135433-09a681b6-me.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  121.1 KB

      From the side it doesn't look to bad.

      Name:  20210817135515-5fd65e92-me.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  124.4 KB

      The new Drive by Wire Throttle Body that I will have to some how convince Mario to paint black.

      Name:  20210817135512-e040220e-me.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  103.9 KB

      Name:  20210817135519-fa223c23-me.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  137.3 KB

      Name:  20210817135523-c32fb9ba-me.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  124.0 KB

      Name:  20210817135531-d3265051-me.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  110.9 KB

      Next up the Vaccuum line from the ECU to the underside of the manifold.

      Name:  20210817135550-7a3931ac-me.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  148.7 KB

      Name:  20210817135555-3f91d394-me.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  139.0 KB

      Name:  20210817135600-41eb11a1-me.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  129.6 KB

      Name:  20210817135604-8352b332-me.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  124.1 KB

      Name:  20210817135611-84a54fa7-me.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  121.5 KB

      I left the hose long and will cut it when I place the manifold for the last time.

      Name:  20210817135631-600102ee-me.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  132.2 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    20. #780
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm in the same stage. Kw with wiring and where to put it. Slow and steady.
      Wish I would have run my LS harness through the middle of the firewall as you did. But it's too late for all that now.
      Yours is looking killer. And nice progress.
      And the grommet assortment, OMG I bought two different kits and still ordered several more off of McMaster Carr. I'm grommet poor lol.
      tankmasterj
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com