Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 949

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Toccoa View Post
      I think it’s Project Perfection. I’ve learned a lot watching this thread.

      That said, I think we would all love to hear that engine hum and exhaust rumble by February.
      Thank you for the kind words and I have learned so much from multiple forumns and various friends are Hot Rod Shops and I am still learning more every day. I am with you and my goal is to have the car started by Feb 19th.



      Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      I think Overkill is the perfect name!

      Having failed tech inspection at a track once many years ago for a pressure regulator bolted to the firewall, I will mention that sanctioning bodies are picky about the possibility of fuel lines being cut by debris should something break through the bell housing from a clutch/convertor or whatever. So if you can keep your fuel lines out of the direct line of shrapnel in flight it'd be safer.
      That makes perfect sense and I am going to try to keep it as close to the firewall as possible. The good news is this car will spent most of it's life going driving back and fourth to work and hopefully doing the Good-Guys Road Tour and the Hot Rod Power Tour. I have two other cars that I can track and one that is perfect for autocross. The reason I built this car is because I grew up driving around in my buddy's 70 Camaro as a kid and I had always wanted one. Or maybe I am just trying to relive my childhood memories.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com