Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
    Results 781 to 800 of 949

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Final Fuel Line Connection To Fuel Rail ( 10-24-21 )

      Having to make the last cut on the fuel line was fun and yes I was worried about cutting it to short.


      Name:  20220101150047-0320f530-me.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  103.7 KB


      Name:  20220101150050-fa0adf16-me.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  127.7 KB


      Name:  20220101150054-f8fe8ee9-me.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  120.5 KB


      This was the final line which goes under the throttle body.


      Name:  20220101150057-db984420-me.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  121.4 KB


      Name:  20220101150100-2606cb83-me.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  122.2 KB


      I also want to make sure that the line wouldn't rub on anything.


      Name:  20220101150108-35c09217-me.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  116.7 KB


      Name:  20220101150104-0005dc60-me.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  106.2 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      The last of the wiring under the Sniper Intake ( 10-24-21 )

      Making sure the last bit of wiring under the intake manifold will be safe from harm.

      Name:  20220101150123-bf6e542e-me.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  72.2 KB

      If you look closely you can see the fitting that Holley supplied are useless.

      Name:  20220101150126-920f300c-me.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  75.1 KB

      When we build in the intake tube we are going to weld tabs under the tube so we can zip tie the MAF wire harness under the tube.

      Name:  20220101150134-ceb174c5-me.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  129.5 KB

      Name:  20220101150156-68d4dc06-me.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  129.5 KB

      I also ran the Drive By Wire harness under the manifold.

      Name:  20220101150139-f07b7249-me.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  120.5 KB

      Name:  20220101150142-e577cc33-me.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  118.2 KB

      All of the wiring has been heat wrapped going to the starter.

      Name:  20220101150150-92859c25-me.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  103.3 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good Marty!

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Looking good Marty!

      Andrew
      Thank you Andrew and I am hoping to work on it tonight when I get home


      Quote Originally Posted by Martin71RS View Post
      man...I wish my car was that clean... nice job buddy!
      Thanks Martin it's nice having a clean work surface
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      1,507
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      man...I wish my car was that clean... nice job buddy!
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      It looks sweet Marty! Getting close!!!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      It looks sweet Marty! Getting close!!!

      Thank you Wayne
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Yep, I am still playing with the Trans Coolant Lines ( 10-24-22 )

      I found these clamps on Amazon and they do a great job securing the lines.


      Name:  20220101150208-786effb4-me.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  103.3 KB


      Checking for clearance under the upper control arm and there is plenty.


      Name:  20220101150211-898ac760-me.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  90.4 KB


      Name:  20220101150226-ae45d523-me.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  111.8 KB


      Yep, I cut the wrong length of the heat sleeve when I made my last cut so now I have to order more.


      Name:  20220101150215-78df6f2a-me.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  124.6 KB


      So, I jumped over to the battery wires as I needed to do something a little different and then I called it a night.


      Name:  20220101150235-acb11bee-me.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  135.0 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      It looks sweet Marty! Getting close!!!
      Thank you and I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train.

      Wayne, how did the surgery go ?
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Holley Cylinder Head Ground ( 10-30-21 )

      Cylinder Head grounds are complete ( 10-30-21 )

      Name:  20220101150307-d7a4caf2-me.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  86.2 KB

      Name:  20220101150310-c9870bb6-me.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  85.5 KB

      JIC anyone wants to know this is the size of the bolt that is on the back of head.

      Name:  20220101150259-e2bb9a70-me.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  67.8 KB

      Name:  20220101150304-1965e95b-me.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  63.8 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      985
      Country Flag: United States
      I'd suggest moving the disconnect to the negative terminal on that battery. And, assuming the second set of wires on top are going to the fan. Is there a fuse/circuit breaker for that pair?
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      I'd suggest moving the disconnect to the negative terminal on that battery. And, assuming the second set of wires on top are going to the fan. Is there a fuse/circuit breaker for that pair?
      Ya know I have been going back and fourth on this for weeks if not months. For years I have done it this way but that doesn’t mean it’s correct. Any chance you can help my brain and explain to me why it should be on the ground side. Which I feel is where it should be.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      985
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Ya know I have been going back and fourth on this for weeks if not months. For years I have done it this way but that doesn’t mean it’s correct. Any chance you can help my brain and explain to me why it should be on the ground side. Which I feel is where it should be.
      The same reason that GM went to ground switching - inrush current. It's harder on components to have current rush through than it is to have current present. Think of it this way - electricity acts a lot like water in a hose. Voltage is like pressure, and current is like flow. Say you have a 100 ft water hose that's empty, and you turn on the faucet at the wall. When you open the hose sprayer on the other end, it jumps, kicks and spurts until the hose is full. For a short time, you'll even see more pressure on the hose than the water main makes due to the water's velocity as it goes through the hose. When it slams into the end, it pushes pressure back down the hose until everything equalizes. That would be a positive switch. On the other hand, if the hose is already full and you pull the hose sprayer trigger, it sprays smoothly. That would be a negative switch. Inrush current will act much like water rushing to fill an empty hose, and it apparently causes enough problems that GM was willing to spend the money to retool every car they make to use positive switching.

      About the only place you'd want a positive switch is on a racing emergency disconnect - the idea being that in an emergency you want power killed completely. The disconnect should isolate both the battery and the alternator from the power circuit because the alternator should be connected directly to the battery and not passing through the disconnect. When the disconnect is opened, the alternator's output wire is no longer connected to the car's electrical system. An emergency battery disconnect is only concerned with not catching fire, not component life.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Thank you Thank you Vimes

      Thank you, Thank you

      I am not sure you could have explained that any better for me as I feel like i completly understand why and this is why I love these boards.

      So on a side note what is your toughts on leaving it and just adding another one on the ground since I don't have a master disconnect ?



      Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      The same reason that GM went to ground switching - inrush current. It's harder on components to have current rush through than it is to have current present. Think of it this way - electricity acts a lot like water in a hose. Voltage is like pressure, and current is like flow. Say you have a 100 ft water hose that's empty, and you turn on the faucet at the wall. When you open the hose sprayer on the other end, it jumps, kicks and spurts until the hose is full. For a short time, you'll even see more pressure on the hose than the water main makes due to the water's velocity as it goes through the hose. When it slams into the end, it pushes pressure back down the hose until everything equalizes. That would be a positive switch. On the other hand, if the hose is already full and you pull the hose sprayer trigger, it sprays smoothly. That would be a negative switch. Inrush current will act much like water rushing to fill an empty hose, and it apparently causes enough problems that GM was willing to spend the money to retool every car they make to use positive switching.

      About the only place you'd want a positive switch is on a racing emergency disconnect - the idea being that in an emergency you want power killed completely. The disconnect should isolate both the battery and the alternator from the power circuit because the alternator should be connected directly to the battery and not passing through the disconnect. When the disconnect is opened, the alternator's output wire is no longer connected to the car's electrical system. An emergency battery disconnect is only concerned with not catching fire, not component life.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Intake Manifold Fittings ( 10-30-21 )

      Planning ahead before I run over to Ace Hardware for some fittings as the one's that are supplied are useless.


      Name:  20220101150322-6f986f09-me.png
Views: 792
Size:  2.18 MB


      So the Earl fitting that I happened to have looked like it was going to work. However, It did not as it hit the valley cover.


      Name:  20220101150325-631603b5-me.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  84.1 KB


      So I found my Mike Norris Catch can and I used these fitting to start mocking up the fittings I needed.


      Name:  20220101150336-95d709d6-me.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  119.2 KB


      After a quick trip to Ace I think I have the fittings I need.


      Name:  20220101150343-9ae8f264-me.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  135.0 KB


      Only at Ace can you find a 1/8" Hose Barb (trust me I looked everyone else)


      Name:  20220101150357-06292cf4-me.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  120.4 KB


      First Mock Up


      Name:  20220101150405-ec5ef8b8-me.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  95.8 KB


      Name:  20220101150408-dc61c323-me.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  90.5 KB


      Name:  20220101150414-699c760b-me.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  128.5 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Water Neck and Intake Manifold Plumbing ( 10-31-21 )

      I had time to do a couple simple projects so out to the garage I went.

      Name:  20220101150433-ceca7330-me.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  118.4 KB

      Name:  20220101150441-029562b4-me.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  126.7 KB

      Name:  20220101150444-b1cb3325-me.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  79.4 KB

      I decided to mock up some of the hoses.

      Name:  20220101150508-7ff64cb2-me.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  118.2 KB

      Thankfully the auto parts store is close

      Name:  20220101150516-60dd4d2d-me.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  139.0 KB

      Nope, I don't like the way this hose looks.

      Name:  20220101150521-09e36dca-me.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  125.7 KB

      Name:  20220101150525-9ba7b82e-me.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  85.4 KB

      I ordered this custom hose with all kinds of crazy bends in it.

      Name:  20220101150529-b44281a9-me.png
Views: 718
Size:  330.8 KB

      Name:  20220101150535-d88d06fa-me.png
Views: 694
Size:  282.5 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Last one for the night Upgrading to a Waterproof Relay ( 10-31-22 )

      Way back somewhere in this thread I installed Painless fan relay and I screwed up and didn't order a standard fan relay. So I ordered a new Water Proof Fan Relay kit.


      Name:  20220101150556-6e422402-me.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  152.8 KB


      Since it is in between the battery and the radiator the batter once again needs to come out.


      Name:  20220101150559-362a3498-me.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  115.8 KB


      Name:  20220101150601-f716f201-me.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  116.4 KB


      Name:  20220101150604-3eb77955-me.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  126.5 KB


      Name:  20220101150607-0aa95809-me.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  126.1 KB


      Thankfully I used a weather pack connector as I was able to just remove the ground from the plug.


      Name:  20220101150610-5b4d4ab8-me.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  74.5 KB


      Name:  20220101150613-57cc5636-me.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  100.1 KB

      Name:  20220101150615-949927c9-me.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  113.5 KB


      Name:  20220101150617-3f70b3d6-me.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  125.6 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Vacuum Hose Installed ( 11-09-21 )

      My molded hose arrived


      Name:  20220115192420-50328a55-me.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  51.5 KB


      Name:  20220115192440-f3ab7079-me.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  83.9 KB


      Name:  20220115192442-412061c5-me.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  104.8 KB

      I also received another fitting for the Fuel Pressure Sensor

      Name:  20220115192452-56a76dfd-me.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  108.0 KB


      Looks like I need a longer hose.


      Name:  20220115192445-535b907f-me.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  83.4 KB


      Found an all in one fitting that will be replacing two of the fittings.


      Name:  20220115192424-c54b1b80-me.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  108.1 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      It looks like you got a lot of stuff figured out in the last few posts. That stuff can drive you crazy. It looks good.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Optima Batter Charger Plug ( 11-09-21 )

      Since I keep the car on the optima charger when it is parked in the garage I decided to mock up the wire and see if I could hide it when it's not in use.

      Name:  20220115192500-a08e838a-me.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  95.8 KB

      Name:  20220115192502-075a09f7-me.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  96.3 KB


      I can easily tuck it in the frame rail when not in use.

      Name:  20220115192505-236739ac-me.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  65.9 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com