Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast
    Results 561 to 580 of 949

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Kicker Center Channel ( 2020 05-12 )

      So I have some parts back from the Power Coater and I just love picking up stuff from him and it always looks so nice.





      as you can see I need to clean off all of my finger prints



      Thankfully I label all of the bags so I can remember where the parts go.







      Ugh time to go back into the trunk.



      This is the kicker set up that is fully bluetooth with no head unit.



      So this was fun hiding all of the wire in the rear quarter.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Every Car Needs a Hella Horn (05-17-20)

      Since i lost the original horn set up for the car I decided to buy a set of Hella Horns for the car as they have a unique sounds and they are small and look nice.





      I needed to bend the bracket that came with the horn.





      As you can see they blend in perfectly.







      and of course I pulled out the blue tape to write myself a reminder note



      Since I sell packaging and I am always looking for idea's to share with my customers. I like the idea that instruction are printed on the box. The way I see it if they have the parts they can't say it didn't come with instructions.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Wires Wires Wires ( 05-17-20 )

      So it's time for me to start cleaning up the wiring and make it looks neat & tidy.













      So I had an original flat hood that I was planning on using but it looks like I may be buying a new hood.





      I also decided to step back and take a look at the car and see what I can add to my list of things I want to do to the car.


      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Kicker Dry Run Does It Make Music ( 05-24-20 )

      The plan is to do a dry sound check and make sure the Kicker Blue Tooth Sound System works and works well enough to keep Mike & I entertained on the 2021 Power Tour and Possible the Good-Guys Road Tour.

      I needed a way to connect the amp to the Kicker main unit and all I could find in my bin of parts/wire was a 3 foot RCA wire.





      Yes I used wire nuts just to connect the speaker wire and no they are not permanent.



      Pulled out my 5 year old optima battery to power up the system.



      Good News we have power. I am not exactly sure where I am going to mount the controller at this point. Possible in the center console that Kenny built.



      As you will see it worked and it sounds great.

      Link to Video -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvWL...ature=emb_logo


      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Time to get the wire cut to length and tidy things up a little bit.









      Stripping the paint off the underside of the dash so I can re-install the "Weld-Mounts"



      Tip #1 when you install these. Don't press them down to hard as it thins the adhesive out to much.



      Kicker Speakers installed on the new bracket and the "Red" heat shrink lets me know it's for the right speaker.









      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      05-28-20 Well this has got to change

      So I have a couple old craftsman tool boxes at work and of course they are buried. At some point I will have to dig one of them out.



      So I need a second hand and I also need a pair of glasses.





      Picture of my workbench and Metal Peg Board Wall.





      I need to buy the small Female to Female adapter to connect the 100 watt amp to the main amp.



      Cover me Honey I am going back in.



      Putting my new helping hand to work.



      Apparently my dog figured I was in the trunk taking a nap so he did the same in the Cayman.



      Front Speakers Connected.





      So valuable lesson learned. If you accidentally drop a long screwdriver it will somehow manage to land on the battery terminal and make really really pretty sparks.



      Opps.



      Confirming that everything is working perfectly before I hang the amp rack.



      Song of Choice ... Against the Wall.







      and I think he is done for the night.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Posts
      510
      Country Flag: United States
      Doing great work Marty!! Glad to see you're still wrenching on this one. Saw a 70s baldwin motion camaro model at the store and it immediately brought your car to mind. Can't wait to get a system in my pile of parts now!
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
      Doing great work Marty!! Glad to see you're still wrenching on this one. Saw a 70s baldwin motion camaro model at the store and it immediately brought your car to mind. Can't wait to get a system in my pile of parts now!

      Thank you and man if i didn't have this car to work on during Covid I am not sure what I would do.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Billet Specialties Wheels are Back on ( 06-02-20 )

      Wheels are back so I cam work on the front brake lines.








      Have I ever told you how much I love these Anvil Carbon/Glass Inner Fenders





      What the heck ... they fit when I took them off.








      Skip this one is for you.





      I can't wait to see how the engine bay looks when the car is all back together.





      Best Garage upgrade ever if you work in your garage at night in the summer. I no longer have to worry about the bugs and mosquito eating me alive while I am working in the garage at night.


      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      2,391
      Country Flag: United States
      That engine bay is looking AMAZING! Love the Anvil inner fenders.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      That engine bay is looking AMAZING! Love the Anvil inner fenders.
      Thank you very much
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      I was asked to share a couple pictures of the amp rack and how it was mounted. I glued the weld studs under the package tray and hung the amp neatly from the package tray. It is also nestled really close to the harness bar that is welding into the cars structure under the package tray. If you look back at the pictures you can see that Dennis welded bungs in so I could mount shoulder restraints for the rear seat passengers.



      More notes and I hope you notice the lack of blue tape.



      The wires have yet to be wrapped in Techflex



      Found the dog sleep in the hatch of the Cayman again.



      He was not happy that I woke him up.



      Stepping back and taking one more picture of the night.

      It's time for bed.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Working on a better location for the brake line transition from hard line to flex lines. Which means I needed to bring the front wheels home so I can run the suspension through it's full travel and make sure the lines are safely and securely mounted.

      It's nice to see the Billet Specialties Wheel back on the car. At some point I need to find replacement tires for the car as these tires have



      First up is to find a good location for the hard line tab. In order to remove the clip off i needed to secure the line in my Grandfathers Vice. I have to thank my buddy Ben for building the cart and the vice mount so I can move it around in my garage.



      Bag & Tag everything is my moto and make sure you take pictures of the bag so you can easily go back to your dated pictures and figure everything out.



      As you can see this location is my 2nd attempt as the first one was a complete fail.



      Time to secure it with Clear Gorilla Tape.






      Drivers Side and yes the 1st try failed.






      Yes I have issues and you should have seen me hanging over the car and holding on to the tire rack to get this picture. I wanted to make sure the brackets were symmetrical and taking the picture allowed me to look at it better.



      BTW the inner fenders were removed and test fitted to make sure this location works.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Wilson Muscle Car Billet Battery Tray ( 06-09-20 )

      Since the goal is to keep everything as accessible as possible the battery is staying up front in the stock location. However that doesn't mean the battery tray has to be stock. Ron at Wilson Muscle Car & I designed the tray to work in the factory locations.



      While I am here I am looking at option for the Vintage Air heater hoses. Should I go under or just route them above and gently lay them on the Anvil Carbon Inner Fenders.



      I also need to figure out a way to help support the tray as the foot rest under the battery tray doesn't offer much support as steel inner fenders would.





      Not sure I like this idea as it looks like it belongs on an off-road vehicle.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      2,391
      Country Flag: United States
      "Yes I have issues and you should have seen me hanging over the car and holding on to the tire rack to get this picture. I wanted to make sure the brackets were symmetrical and taking the picture allowed me to look at it better."

      And I thought I was picky! AHAHAHA

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      And I thought I was picky! AHAHAHA
      let's be honest with ourselves, we both have issue's

      Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      The battery box is kickaass
      Thank you and wait till you see it anodized black.

      Quote Originally Posted by TonyV View Post
      I love the attention to detail and I've used many "tips" from your progress and updates.. Just wish i bought stock in 3M Tape.... Keep at it and i'll keep borrowing your ideas
      Thank you and borrow as many as you want as that is exactly what I have done for years.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      The battery box is kickaass
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Arizona, Phoenix area
      Posts
      64
      I love the attention to detail and I've used many "tips" from your progress and updates.. Just wish i bought stock in 3M Tape.... Keep at it and i'll keep borrowing your ideas

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Battery Tray Support Concept ( 06-14-20 )

      Moving back to the battery tray I need to figure out a good way to support the tray without over engineering it. The goal is
      to come up with something simple that you wouldn't notice when you look under the car. It also has to be smooth to prevent
      chaffing on the heater hoses.

      Back from Ace Hardware with some supplies for my concept.



      Support Sleeve.



      I need to thread a 3/8" stainless steel threaded rod into the bottom of the battery tray and anchor it to the core support bracket. You need
      to drill the proper size hole for the 3/8" tap. If you don't have this Tap Cheat sheet it is worth saving this as I borrowed it from someone on one
      of the BB forums years ago and have referenced it many times.







      Drilling a hole in your Carbon Inner Fender is kinda nerve racking.







      Concept # 1 -- Create a bracket the bolts to the existing core support bracket.





      Concept # 2 -- However if I bend rod just a little bit to get it to reach
      the core support bracket I can bolt it directly to it.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Coolant Hose Routing ( 06-14-20 ))

      I started working on the coolant hose routing and found some issue that I an not liking. Especially since I plan to do the
      Hot Rod Power Tour next year in this car.









      This looks like a possible area where bad things could start to happen so I am going to have to address this.



      I plan to replace the plastic stepdown with a nicer version and use a heat shrink hose clamp to try to make it less visible.



      I also found a new adapter for the hose that I am considering ordering.



      Now I need to find a line clamp that would keep the hoses close together like the temporary tape is doing. I am considering using
      a larger version of the Heat Shrink Hose clamp to hold the hoses together.

      Your thoughts as I am open to suggestions if anyone has one.



      So I have made the decision to round the bottom of the battery to prevent chaffing on the heater hoses.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com