Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Project Green Machine!!!

Hello everyone,

My name is Corlas and I have been a member for a while, watching and commenting on others beautiful cars. I think it is my turn to do something about my firebird. I will be starting a very slow disassemble and an even slower rebuild of a 68 firebird. I have named it Green Machine, why you ask, well that's a good question. When I was a very young child, 33 yours ago. I had a three wheeler code named Green Machine. Here are some before shots.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I started 8am this morning, while the kids were still asleep. I will be starting in the front and as I take parts off, I will repair and/or replace them depending on the funds.

Good luck to you. It looks like you are starting with a pretty clean ride.
      Pete
      "This is the worst fun I've ever had" Chad (Kel-Tec)

Good luck on the project, it looks like you're starting out with a pretty clean ride - that will make many things MUCH easier when you get to them.

Keep us posted!
      chunger

'68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible

Nice. What are your plans for it?
      Traven

A plan, never thought about a plan. I just figured I would buy whatever is good at the time. I have a Pontiac motor and want to add a F.A.S.T EFI, So, that means OEM subframe. I wanted a Speedtech subframe but they do not make provisions for the Pontiac motor mounts. If the Pontiac motor dies, then I will become apart of The LS Family. After reading other threads, I see I have to have a plan. Let me think about it and get back to you.

I already have Speedtech upper and lower control arms. Right stuff detailing brakes and lines. Covan Dash with comp gauges and pypes exhaust. Boss 338 Wheels and tires. Autowire electrical which is already installed. New inner and outer tie rods with speedtech tie rod connectors. D-port ram air exhaust. I have my Tremec 5 speed which was very nice to drive with, with a 3.42 rear. I have more stuff in the shed.

My plan for this car is;
      To not make a show car, I want chips and scratches, bring it on!!!!
      To make a performance car, speed, handling and a plane old driver.
      Some autocross, if available from the bottom of Florida.
      Comfortable car to drive to some of the coolest car events; Power Tour, Turkey Run and Bandit Run. Ok, you can scratch the last one. It's a 68 Firebird.

Good plans lol. What engine does it have? XFI sounds good. I like to see Pontiac engines with EFI. I bought a DFI set up from a board member that I still need to install, either on my 455 or hopefully I'll build a 461 from a 400 block.
      Traven

It's a Pontiac 400 block. It was already in the car when I bought it 2 years ago. The previous owner didn't know anything about the car or the motor. This is not the original motor, it came out of a 73 Firebird.

Great name! I remember the original green machine as a kid!

jy211 you have some sweet cars.

T-Raven you have a lot of cars. I like!!!!!!

jy211 you are from Dade County area, sweet.

Yeah, born and raised here LOL. But moved a tad north when I got married lol

Sweet, another 68 firebird build!
      Rene P.

My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

Corlas, you make me jeleous! I wish I had half the parts you've already got installed. Can't wait to see your build (I'll be eye balling it all the time). Wish you were a little closer so we could help each other out. If I'm down that way I'll have to look you up! BTW, you know I'm going to be copying you when I do mine, so I apologize in advance for all of the emails I'll be shooting you!!!

[/URL]

When I 1st bought the car, it had a 400 motor, 3.42 gear (8.5 10 bolt rear) with a powerglide. Driving that car with 2 gears suuuuucccked. It screamed every where I went and I got 6 to 8 mpg. So, the first big purchase was the tremec 5 speed. After a very good friend of mine and I put it in, I got a magazine with a 57 vette on fire, on the side of the road. The article stated, this is why new wires for your classical car is important. That scared the Sh:t out of me. My goal at the time was to buy all the parts and drive it with the new parts added. I take my time picking what I think helps me at the time, according to funds. I take $100.00 a week and wait to buy what is needed. I can't afford to dump large amounts of money at one time, so I take my time to pick what I need.

Tim, shoot those e-mails my way and copy away. You know if you need anything and if I can help, I will. You live in Orlando right? I go up with the family every once in a while, Disney of course. If I am getting ready to go up there next time, I will give you a heads up. Hopefully, when can meet and go by Prodigy Customs Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFirebird View Post
      T-Raven you have a lot of cars. I like!!!!!!
      Yep I got a little carried away lol. But most were fairly cheap so I figured I'd buy them now and stash them for later rather than spending more for rustier cars later in life. I've over seas but when I get home I'll make them all at least drivable and then get crackin on my 67.
      Traven

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com