Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dogs.

Country Flag: United States
      Here is a link to bring pups home from Iraq.

http://www.spcai.org/baghdad-pups/rescue-missions.html

damn them some cute dogs..
      DynoDon if ya need some funds to bring them home let us know im sure theyre are plenty on here thatll help i know i will and thanks for keeping us safe.!!
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

Yeah, I love our dogs. They're definitely part of the family.

Here's a pic of my Lab/Malamute. 110lbs of goofy, lazy, loveable dog, but he's very protective of his family.

Here's a pic of our warning bell. She's a 70lb Lab/Chow/Shepard, and she's the eyes and ears of the house. No one sneaks up on us without her making a ruckus.

It's nice to have a couple of "full size" dogs around to guard the place. Whenever a stranger comes to the door,
      we just say we don't want to open the door because of the dogs, and they quickly leave.
      Who knows, maybe they're casing the house? If they are, I bet they won't come back.
      67 fastback
      351w
      Baer brakes
      G-Force T5 trans
      9" rear w/3:50 gears & 31 spline axles
      Link
      Recently moved Salt Lake City from the SF Bay area.
      Looking forward to driving on the Miller Motorsports track this summer!

Does your lab/mal make a good guard dog?

Our Malamute is alert to some things, responsive to less and noisy at nothing.

He almost approaches any visitor in stealth mode. I think I read that they don't make goo guard dogs before we had him, and it isn't a problem...I've just never known a dog so quiet and docile at 8 months old!

He still scares people away - particularly children...just because they think he's a wolf. lol
      '79 Trans Am W72 400/4spd Y84 S/E with WS6 T-Tops LSD AC OK?

Remember, big engines are for those trying to compensate for something.

Quote Originally Posted by dropit69 View Post
      damn them some cute dogs..
      DynoDon if ya need some funds to bring them home let us know im sure theyre are plenty on here thatll help i know i will and thanks for keeping us safe.!!
      That was Go-Fish that has the dogs "in harms way". And I agree, if he needs some help bringing them home, I think a bunch of us here would donate - I know I sure would!

Mine just likes to "surf the web"

Mike

1975 Camaro
      C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 79PonchoUK View Post
      Does your lab/mal make a good guard dog?

Our Malamute is alert to some things, responsive to less and noisy at nothing.

He almost approaches any visitor in stealth mode. I think I read that they don't make goo guard dogs before we had him, and it isn't a problem...I've just never known a dog so quiet and docile at 8 months old!

He still scares people away - particularly children...just because they think he's a wolf. lol
      Actually, the Lab/Malamute does make a great guard dog. Plus he has a very deep loud bark, but he only barks when someone comes up to the house.
      He does have a couple of negatives... he doesn't like small children and he's a racist (doesn't like people with dark colored skin).
      Since we adopted him from Craig's List when he was 3, we don't know much about his early years. Maybe he had some bad experiences with kids and minorities?
      67 fastback
      351w
      Baer brakes
      G-Force T5 trans
      9" rear w/3:50 gears & 31 spline axles
      Link
      Recently moved Salt Lake City from the SF Bay area.
      Looking forward to driving on the Miller Motorsports track this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by DynoDon View Post
      That was Go-Fish that has the dogs "in harms way". And I agree, if he needs some help bringing them home, I think a bunch of us here would donate - I know I sure would!
      oops yeah i seen the postings wrong...seen the pic under your post without scrolling up..lol..there is a cool thread on here where members posted pics of there dogs..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

Ive got a 1.5 year old english mastiff that can be a terror. He is terrible at night but so sweet in the mornings I cant stay mad at him. He is also the best guard dog I have ever had. He has FINALLY got out of the tearin up stuff phase, dont even want to type out that list!

Quote Originally Posted by black73vette View Post
      Ive got a 1.5 year old english mastiff that can be a terror. He is terrible at night but so sweet in the mornings I cant stay mad at him. He is also the best guard dog I have ever had. He has FINALLY got out of the tearin up stuff phase, dont even want to type out that list!
      I have three of them - a 2 year old show dog, a 3 year old Female and a almost 15 year old! Luckily none of them ever went through the tear up stuff phase, although they thought about one of the neighbors once LOL

I want my next dog to be a Newfoundland, but I am afraid he'll flop down on my Italian greyhound and break him!

Or an unclipped Great Dane. Beautiful dogs.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

My dog Clutch (lab, boxer, rhodesian ridgeback we think) is the most destructive dog ever. I've lost 6 college books, 3 pairs of flip flops, 2 pairs of shoes, a leather couch, carpet in 2 different apartments, 6 pillows, 4 doggy beds, who knows how many pairs of socks, 2 bed sets, a few sandwiches, med rare london broil with all the fixins and horseradish, a bike, money spent on paint to cover up his explosive diarrhea on a few walls.

I could keep going with him.

Chloe our other dog prefers electronic items, a few remotes, tons of cords, i just found a ethernet cord destroyed , 2 ps2 controllers a bean bag, and caught her in the act of trying to chew through the propane line on my moms grill.

My dogs are little f*ckers but I still love them. We rescued Clutch from the humane society in Miami. Chloe we rescued from an accidental litter and the owners girlfriend sold her to us when she heard he wanted to fight her. We think she some type of pit mix but not sure.
      Chris Smock aka Blazed67
      1967 Firebird Convertible- Tough Luck- never ending
      2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T- the new DD
      2006 Suzuki SV1000R- greatly missed

come on, how could you get pissed at this....after you walk her outside for a half hour then she decides to pee on the living room floor not seconds after getting back?

But as I always tell the wife, if she got at the tp or into the garbage it was because we failed to train her or we left the stuff easy to get at. Bad humans.

Vince
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Quote Originally Posted by garner67 View Post
      He does have a couple of negatives... he's a racist (doesn't like people with dark colored skin).
      Since we adopted him from Craig's List when he was 3, we don't know much about his early years. Maybe he had some bad experiences with kids and minorities?

All dogs are racists aren't they?

I'm thinking of an episode of family guy to support my claim.

"RUrurrururururururururururururururuhhhrurhruh.... .OH, sorry, sorry, sorry that's not me, I get that from my father...". lol
      '79 Trans Am W72 400/4spd Y84 S/E with WS6 T-Tops LSD AC OK?

Remember, big engines are for those trying to compensate for something.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVC View Post
      Mine just likes to "surf the web"

LOL...surf'n NastyZ28.com...
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

I have Golden Retriver who knows he is not to be on the bed, yet most winterdays when he hears me open the door i hear this "whomp" as he lands on the floor... he know i won't punish him at less he is caught... so, the game continues.

Haha, that toilet paper photo is great, our German Shepherd does the same thing if we leave the bathroom door open. Dogs are awesome.

Todd
      67 RS/SS Camaro (FOR SALE), 73 Camaro, 15 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
      http://www.fquick.com/qwik1320

Quote Originally Posted by Kustom_dude View Post
      Here is a link to bring pups home from Iraq.

http://www.spcai.org/baghdad-pups/rescue-missions.html
      Thanks Kustom-dude, I am currently waiting for a reply from WSPA, World Society for the Protection of Animals, as I've read a few stories that they were involved in.

My wife has a friend back home in San Diego that is a higher up in the SD SPCA. She said her organization is willing to help with some of the funding. From what I have heard of the WSPA it is nearly $1,000 a dog.

My mother is acquainted with U.S. Representative Mary Fallin, an Oklahoma gubernatorial candidate. She's from my hometown and from what I gather was already a friend of animals. Hopefully she isn't throwing in her support just for press. I believe she is a shoe in for Gov. anyway. I would hate to have this situation be exploited for political gain but if it gets Charlie and bandit out of here then so be it.

Once we get the information straight and some contacts for logistics made then I was thinking of setting up a PayPal account or something to get the funds gathered. My Mom is all over this in her circle. She's an animal nut! Always taking in strays and has alot of contacts for her local rescue shelters. Then we have the San Diego crowd and all my internet friends. I hope the 2K will be easily obtained.
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

Quote Originally Posted by DynoDon View Post
      Seems I remember seeing something on TV about an organization that helps soldiers bring dogs back. I wish I could remember more. You can't leave those pups there! Just look at them Not to mention they have tasted the good life! Thank you for that and your service!

Thanks Don. These pups have tasted the good life. We have guys with kids, dogs of their own, and other things they love dearly back in the states. These doggies are a way of keeping a little sanity over here and they get treated very well. It's something you can connect with, bond with and love, all in the midst of a war weary situation. We owe it to them to bring them home.

You tell your buddy Lou Santiago that a fellow NSW Seabee is trying to get this done. He had the same rate (job or M.O.S.) as I do, Construction Mechanic.

I also work for the same "organization" that he did when he was in the Navy. Maybe he could use that star power of his to bring more awareness to this cause if need be.

Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Palido definitely needed that little stick from the middle of the mud pool . . . .
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com