Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast
    Results 161 to 180 of 443
    1. #161
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Palm Beach County
      Posts
      195
      Country Flag: United States
      I am looking for the tool. Stand by please.

    2. #162
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Palm Beach County
      Posts
      195
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok, first don't get carried away with pulling on the dash pad. It is held in buy this funny looking locking pin. It's called the (clip, dash pad dog leg) #14655. If you go to NPD or classic industries and look for a trim pad removal tool. I got carried away, Then frustrated and then really stupid. I completely destroyed the dash pad, then after I did the act I found the tool in NPD catolog. Be patient my friend and look for the tool.



    3. #163
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFirebird View Post
      Ok, first don't get carried away with pulling on the dash pad. It is held in buy this funny looking locking pin. It's called the (clip, dash pad dog leg) #14655. If you go to NPD or classic industries and look for a trim pad removal tool. I got carried away, Then frustrated and then really stupid. I completely destroyed the dash pad, then after I did the act I found the tool in NPD catolog. Be patient my friend and look for the tool.
      awesome, thanks, I had no idea there was a tool for it. Thats why if I'm in a jam I come here and ask questions, there's always someone here who has done it before you and has the right answers.
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    4. #164
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Palm Beach County
      Posts
      195
      Country Flag: United States
      This is what's hold in the dash pad to the dash. The screw holds the dash pad dog legs to the dash pad, not the dash. Well, at least on my car it did.

    5. #165
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok ,thanks. I checked NPD and I've searched the web and can't find a specific tool to take the dash pad off I'll check into what I have to do next time I get in the car.
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    6. #166
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Palm Beach County
      Posts
      195
      Country Flag: United States
      The tool is called trim pad removal tool. If you google the name, you will get a hit. My buddy who owns a GTO told me that that tool is used throughout the car to remove trim parts. Sorry so late, I have been working on the Firebird.

      http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...u=00999297000P

    7. #167
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFirebird View Post
      The tool is called trim pad removal tool. If you google the name, you will get a hit. My buddy who owns a GTO told me that that tool is used throughout the car to remove trim parts. Sorry so late, I have been working on the Firebird.

      http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...u=00999297000P
      oh ok, I saw that on NPD. I was actually looking for a dash pad removal tool, hahaha, I think sometimes I'm the damn tool LOL. thanks again for your help.
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    8. #168
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Palm Beach County
      Posts
      195
      Country Flag: United States
      Your not the tool, they are. They gave it a name that no one would have thought it was used for and to make it worse, they did not give direction how to remove the part. The best I could do is show you what it looks like behind the pad. My service book show pics and does not give direction how to remove it. This is a phone pic, so bear with me. You have to look at section B-B. that's the area where the pin enter the dash pad dog leg, it just showing from the top not the bottom. All sections apply to the F body car.

    9. #169
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      sweet, thanks for all your help! now I have to get me one of those tools.
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    10. #170
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      Sunny Flordida
      Posts
      345
      How's yer 'Bird coming along? Can you give us an update?

      [/URL]

    11. #171
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      615
      I hope you did not put the car to sleep for another four years. LOL Updates!!!

    12. #172
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      sorry to report guys, I really haven't done much to the bird in a bit. Cash flow got really low, not enough time in a day at this point. I have to admit though, I stupidly wasted money on other various hobbies that I have that I could have put into the bird, and I've been reminded by that by my wife a few times. She's still in the garage though, which is a good thing, cause I've thought long and hard a couple of times about selling it to get some dough. Hopefully sometime soon we'll be in a better financial situation and I can start back up on it again. until then, she rests.........
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    13. #173
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      167
      Dont give up LOL! you will get there...

    14. #174
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      1,387
      Country Flag: United States
      keep up the fight!!!!
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

      1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo


      Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

      Randal F

    15. #175
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      90
      x2!

    16. #176
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      IN/MI border
      Posts
      1,920
      Country Flag: United States
      I've been on mine for just over 8 years.... very depressing and very frusterating. Still have a LOT to do. Yours has been a short road, your doing good.

    17. #177
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Will this master cylinder/prop valve setup work good with my LS1 front brakes and the stock rear drums? Just wanna make sure before I pull the trigger on it. thanks.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

      I'm trying to get back on this again, LOL. My 6 year old daughter told me she wants to go to cruise nights in it so people can look at our car, hahaha, thats enough motivation to get me to push forward.
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    18. #178
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Pulling the cover off the car yet again (yes the wife was again using it as a shelf). I'm in the process of trying to grab any pair of 225/50 16 tires to throw on the front rims and get it on the ground, hopefully the guy on craigslist comes through and I can get them tonight and have them mounted tomorrow. I should be getting the mastery cylinder and prop valve setup over the next few weeks (I did ask for it for fathers day, but I'm sure my wife hasn't ordered it yet, haha), and I'm gonna start working on the inside of the car a little at a time. I'm also trying to line up a good welder to fix the body mount tabs on my subframe, way too rotted, so I need this rolling and stopping to get it places. I've also got a small addition going on the house, so I'll be bouncing around between the two projects. hopefully updates will follow frequently.
      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    19. #179
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,996
      Country Flag: United States
      Don't give up, just keep plugging away. That is what I did, and mine took 7 years to finish!


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    20. #180
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      the guy from craigslist came through, picked up the tires last night. $50 for both tires, not the best tires by any means, but something I can throw on the rims and see if they fit, plus I can get the car on the floor and move it out of the garage if necessary. I'll hopefully have them mounted tonight.



      Rene P.

      My 1968 firebird build thread--->https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rd-on-a-budget

    Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com