Results 1 to 20 of 27
Thread: 1970 OO Judge
Hybrid View
-
02-23-2023 #1
Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
- Posts
- 168
1970 OO Judge
Hey guys. I sold my Hurst Rambler today so I figured it would be a good time to start building the Judge. I plan to keep the body fairly stock since it is a real Orbit 70 Judge. I'd like to add coil overs , probably something like an LQ9 and a TKX. I like the look of stock style Rally 2 wheels and found a couple options. Unfortunately they don't come in anything over a 9.5" wide. I was thinking maybe 18" front and 20" rear. I'd love to stuff a 305 in the rear, but it won't happen on a 9.5" wheel, so unless I go for another style, a 295 is probably a big as I can go. I have to restore the car too but I'm hoping it won't take too long. Any recommendations on coil over kits? I'm trying not to break the bank on this one and will not be doing any sort of racing, I just want a good tight ride and I like the height adjustability of the coil overs. And if anyone has seen a nice reasonably priced wheel that might look good I'm open to others. I found a 295/30/20 at work and there is plenty of room. US Mag or Rev 9 is what I was looking at for wheels.
https://www.performanceplustire.com/...shed/ws:20x9-5
-
02-24-2023 #2
Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2020
- Posts
- 153
I had a 295/30/20 in 10” wide wheels and the were very squared…. No stretch at all. I think it might be 2 wide for a 9.5
02-24-2023 #3
Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2005
- Posts
- 168
I believe I saw they recommend a 285 max on a 9.5 wheel. I saw a video of a guy that had a 285, 295, and a 305 on a 9.5" wheel. The 285 and 295 looked fine, but the 305 looked weird. I suppose it also matters what tires they are. Surely they are not all the same. I am not married to those wheels, it's just a good looking affordable option. I even considered seeing about having them widened. They do make those in bigger sizes, but they are a 3 piece. $300each for the ones I'm looking at or $1700 each for the 3 piece. Big jump $$!
02-24-2023 #4





Reply With Quote