Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 530

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Quote Originally Posted by galaxie460 View Post
      pretty f,ing close, great job.
      Thanks!!



      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Glenn, you're very close. Depending on a person's skill level and previous exp., it's real easy to have project growth. I see that it's usually referred to as creep but explosion is more accurate. Anyone that has driven the older vehicles and is honest about how they were, is bound to want some improvements. Then if you've ridden in someone else's car and seen how good it can be, it seems to be a no brainer unless there isn't any money. I fully agree with your labor comment. I have people ask me about my labor cost in a project and I usually describe it as less than mental health counseling. If you can calculate a satisfaction value per hour, I think you were paying yourself well. As I see your history in paint and body, anything less than spectacular would be disappointing to you. I believe you have done very well. I would be proud to have that car in my shop.

      I like that, creep. Lol, thats one way of putting it. In my case it was an all out about face change in direction and plan. But all in all I am very happy with it. I also agree, with my background in collision and restoration has certainly made this much easier. My current job as a training instructor for PPG has certainly given me the best of the best products at an arms reach away. I have been very fortunate for sure.



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com