Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 115
    1. #41
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Normal, IL
      Posts
      258
      Looks nice!

    2. #42
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      North Bend, WA
      Posts
      343
      Country Flag: United States
      Does the turbo system use a cross over pipe to feed exhaust from both sides to spin the turbo?

    3. #43
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Netherlands
      Posts
      72
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbo67camaro View Post
      Does the turbo system use a cross over pipe to feed exhaust from both sides to spin the turbo?
      Yes the system use's a cross over pipe here is a picture of a simular setup it only has the turbo in a diverend angle



      Erik

    4. #44
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Dayton Ohio
      Posts
      1,283

    5. #45
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      North Bend, WA
      Posts
      343
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice!

      It will be very interesting to me how well your draw through setup works.

      If I recall correctly, I read they have a little extra turbo lag compared to blow through. The extra lag could improve MPG if it allows the driver to make entering boost a more deliberate act. That could be desirable on a street car.

      If you want to run a working cowl induction system, that should be fairly easy to setup after dealing with any height changes vs. stock cowl induction.

      Another nice part about draw through is you still have vacuum upstream of the turbo, when the turbo is in boost. I imagine you could run a standard brake booster as long as it can handle the elevated vacuum that the draw side of the turbo should create.

      I have a lightly used draw through system like yours that I may end up using to keep costs down. It uses an adapter that sits between the carb or throttle body and a standard intake manifold. It was barely used and came out of a turbo SBC RV. For $300, I got a rajay turbo, both exhaust manifolds (one OEM turbo flanged), the exhaust cross over pipe, the intake adapter, the piping to/from the turbo, and a boost gauge! It has been boxed up for ~18+ years.

      On the one hand, I doubt the turbo I have will spool up as quickly a recently designed one. On the other hand, once boost kicks in, I'm guessing handling, tuning, and controlling the old turbo's boost will be more of a limiting factor than the dated turbo. It is sized a little on the small side which should help lag at the expense of a little total power.

      If STS can apparently design a rear mounted turbo system with little lag, one would think low lag should be achievable using a draw through turbo that is mounted only inches from the engine, especially given the advances in turbo design improving spool up.

    6. #46
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      168
      I just returned from Amsterdam yesterday. I wish I had the time to come see the work. Car looks great and the Dutch people are very friendly.

    7. #47
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Netherlands
      Posts
      72
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbo67camaro View Post
      Nice!

      It will be very interesting to me how well your draw through setup works.

      If I recall correctly, I read they have a little extra turbo lag compared to blow through. The extra lag could improve MPG if it allows the driver to make entering boost a more deliberate act. That could be desirable on a street car.

      If you want to run a working cowl induction system, that should be fairly easy to setup after dealing with any height changes vs. stock cowl induction.

      Another nice part about draw through is you still have vacuum upstream of the turbo, when the turbo is in boost. I imagine you could run a standard brake booster as long as it can handle the elevated vacuum that the draw side of the turbo should create.

      I have a lightly used draw through system like yours that I may end up using to keep costs down. It uses an adapter that sits between the carb or throttle body and a standard intake manifold. It was barely used and came out of a turbo SBC RV. For $300, I got a rajay turbo, both exhaust manifolds (one OEM turbo flanged), the exhaust cross over pipe, the intake adapter, the piping to/from the turbo, and a boost gauge! It has been boxed up for ~18+ years.

      On the one hand, I doubt the turbo I have will spool up as quickly a recently designed one. On the other hand, once boost kicks in, I'm guessing handling, tuning, and controlling the old turbo's boost will be more of a limiting factor than the dated turbo. It is sized a little on the small side which should help lag at the expense of a little total power.

      If STS can apparently design a rear mounted turbo system with little lag, one would think low lag should be achievable using a draw through turbo that is mounted only inches from the engine, especially given the advances in turbo design improving spool up.
      If you take a look at the picture below you'll see 6(only 4 1/2 at the picture) openings at low rpm they will be open and the engine will work normal and will not breathe through the turbo, at higher rpm the turbo will spool and draw the mixer through the turbo and will push against the metal flaps under the 6 holes and will close them, now the engine will see boost, and should not have any turbo lag




      Erik

    8. #48
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Amsterdam,The Netherlands
      Posts
      880
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      Quote Originally Posted by poormans69 View Post
      I just returned from Amsterdam yesterday. I wish I had the time to come see the work. Car looks great and the Dutch people are very friendly.

      Let us know upfront next time, you PT guys are always welcome!


      Cliff
      1968 Firebird
      Project Cheyenne Pro Performance

    9. #49
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Amsterdam,The Netherlands
      Posts
      880
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      Hey guys, has been a while. Erik moved house and I did too recently. The '68 has not seen much love the past couple of months so Erik' wife thought it was about time to take some action. She arranged our friend painter to come over and take care of the firewall and dash. As this was a surprise Erik was take there blindfolded; and surprised he was..ever seen a grown man cry hahah LOL.

      Here the Camaro taken away from storage



      Painter Michel and collegue on the job




      In the paint boot, we got some color!!!




      Outside



      Since most of the parts for build up are already here it won't take long to mate body and driveline. Updates will follow soon...


      Cliff
      1968 Firebird
      Project Cheyenne Pro Performance

    10. #50
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      awesome! me likes the color!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    11. #51
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Sydney, Australia
      Posts
      1,797
      Country Flag: Australia
      wow..awesome colour.
      Regards,
      Leigh

      Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

    12. #52
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Netherlands
      Posts
      72
      Thanks for the compliments.
      It was a great surprice.
      Hope to drop the engine in soon.

      Erik

    13. #53
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Location
      Fort Myers, FL
      Posts
      1,003
      Great looking color and project. I can't even imagine how much it must suck to wait for parts. It has certainly not stopped you from making one sick looking Camaro, i can't wait to see some more pics and here that engine running.
      Chris Smock aka Blazed67
      1967 Firebird Convertible- Tough Luck- never ending
      2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T- the new DD
      2006 Suzuki SV1000R- greatly missed

    14. #54
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Netherlands
      Posts
      72
      Getting parts can be a real pain in the .....
      Frank from Prodigy is a great help getting them here.

      Erik



    15. #55
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Amsterdam,The Netherlands
      Posts
      880
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      Small update but big step towards completion. Engine and tranny were mated and put back in the Camaro after 4 years!
















      Cliff
      1968 Firebird
      Project Cheyenne Pro Performance

    16. #56
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      Netherlands
      Posts
      72
      It was a very productive weekend thanks to a lot of helping friends.








      Erik

    17. #57
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      very nice!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    18. #58
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      332
      Country Flag: Netherlands
      Very nice you guys from Amsterdam

      Looks like a high power engine.
      Hope you guys didn't forget to install the brake line that goes to the right front caliper......

      I think you are going to beat me in having your ride on the road first.
      1968 Camaro, 400SBC, Baer T4 13", Airride, Autometer, 18" Intro's, March, LED taillights, Magnaflow, König seats.
      1969 Nova, LS1/4L60e, Bear brakes, ridetech suspension, AFX spindles, 69 Camaro bumpers + some custom touches.

    19. #59
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      1,635
      Nice color! and I hope you took your wife out for a nice dinner after that!
      Some awesome women that understand us car guys.
      I can see that painting the firewall could be like pushing the fast-forward button on the project.

    20. #60
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice, I love the color. That engine looks sweet in there. Nice work!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com