Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: What to use?

What to use?

I've been looking at the 2 part bedliner material to use on the bottom side of the Camaro. I'm looking for a product that will lay fairly flat so I won't loose any of the detail of the floorpan. I plan on using DP90 first, then seamsealing, then a thin layer of undercoating, then single staging ovet that. I know the plain undercoating looks good with an orange peal, but I don't want something that air dries because it will get hard as a rock, that's why I think the 2 part will work much better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Trond.

what to use

powder coat for what you want
      also i would not undercoat over the dp90 then top coat over that, too many things going on,
      jake

I have used Mortons TBL (truck bed liner) it is tough you can thin it with urethane reducer and it should go over the DP with no problems. Catalzed products are the way to go. Way cheaper than powdercoat but not as shiny.

mortons

bufords, do you like mortons? my paint supplier has it but have never tried it, can you thin it down some so you get a lighter wrinkle in the finish?? let us know
      jake

re

I've helped a friend spray the Morton in a truck bed, it's awsome stuff. Man it has a big texture going though. Tough stuff though! I didn't think you could reduce that though? Let me know.... Thanks.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com