Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 101 to 120 of 473

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      British Columbia, Canada
      Posts
      723
      Country Flag: Canada

      Project 'Overtime': Pro-Touring 68 Acadian (Nova) with L92 swap

      So I thought I would finally do a build thread on my car. It's a 68 Acadian that I orginally bought for $700. When I got it, it was white with black racing stripes. I fixed the car up on a pizza shop manager's wage. I had it painted cherry red, rebuild the 350 and th350 and put on 15" cragar rims with BFGoodrich tires. Now that I'm a cop and make way more money than I did back then, I'm doing the car again...but the way I want to. My plans are as follows:

      Pro Touring theme





      Suspension, brakes and tires:

      18" New Gen Splitters, polished lip and brushed centers. 305-30-18 in the rear and 245-35-18 in the front.
      Speed Tech Performance subframe with Speed Tech high clearance tubular control arms.
      Speed Tech 1.25" solid sway bar.
      Unisteer rack and pinion kit
      ridetech single adjustable coil overs
      Wilwood 6 piston calipers with 12.2" rotors
      Prodigy bar rear suspension (airbar with adjustable arms) with ridetech single adjustable coil overs
      Moser M9 housing
      Moser 31 spline axles
      Strange Pro Nodular centre section with 3.70 gears and half billet posi
      Wilwood 4 piston calipers with 12.2" rotors

      Drivetrain:

      LS3 6.2L crate motor. Hope to be around 550 hp.
      Speartech ECU with DBW
      Comp Cams camshaft: 226/234 .598”/.612” 114LSA custom cam using EPS on intake and LXL lobes on the exhaust.
      LS3 intake with LS3 ported and polished throttle body
      Speed Tech Performance / Stainless Works long tube polished headers.
      Wegner Motorsports polished diamond cut serpentine kit
      Tremec TKO600 with MGW shifter
      Monster stage 3 clutch

      Interior:

      Flaming River polished tilt steering column
      Flaming River Waterfall leather steering wheel
      2005 GTO leather power bucket seats in front and GTO rear seats
      Custom console with 7" LCD screen
      Thunder Road gauge cluster
      Speedhut gauges
      Vintage Air Gen IV air conditions
      Billet Specialties air conditions louvers

      Body:

      New sheet metal includes:
      Goodmark: quarter panels, inner rear wheel wells, deck filler panel
      Auto Metal Direct: 2" cowl hood, inner fender wells, rear cross rail, rear tail light panel, quarter panel end caps, door skins
      DSE deep tubs
      Firewall has been completely smoothed
      Paint will be House of Kolor's apple red with black base coat

      Stereo:

      JL Audio stereo (haven't decided what but will be big)

      More to come, but in the meantime here's some pics:

      Here's what the car looked like before I started tearing into it again.

      Here's the car as it sits today


      Last edited by scherp69; 03-13-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: updated parts list





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com