Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 2412

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      446
      Ron, I believe jay was commenting in goood fun.

      Your statements are incorrect though, All hubs are machined to the exact specifications of what the engineers at Timken require for that specific seal, So the hubs are NOT incorrectly machined (in fact it is within a fraction of a thousands of an inch to the suggested setting) saying they are would be incorrect. Yes, he did have a seal issue but immidently pointing out that the hub was inproperly machined is incorrect and a false assumption. There are multiple factors that can cause this to happen, none of which have ANY relavence to the tolerance of the hub body itself. If the hubs were to be incorrec then ALL the hubs would be having issues... Including the other hub on the rear end under BB which did NOT have any problem the entire time. In fact BB was on the track sunday running all day. Two other cars were out there with GMR floaters running all weekend... no issue.

      The Seals can and are rarely slightly under tolerance from Timken, it is very possible. This combined with other elements such as not enough lubrication between the seal and snout, increased heat do to higher rotor tempetatures creating over 225deg at the hub, and not using our recommended press in silicone / cement to help hold seals up to 700 deg. There are multiple other factors that can cause this... and it is VERY rare at that. The hubs are double, triple, and quadriple checked for tolerance and the seal is correct. BB is about the tenth car with the GMR floater on it, so its well past the "test" phase so to speak.



      As for the Inner Axle seals, well that is not up to us. I have mentioned to cris multiple time that is certenly an option, currently he is trying someting similar but a little different. Seals can be installed at any time, not sure why you mentioned that as if we are reaponsible, we do not even make inner seals... yet. I have and do suggest a very specific method on how they are installed because they are often NOT installed correctly causing more harm then good, especially in a PT application.


      I just wanted to clear up a few things, your statements were not only mis-informed but I feel as though you were directly trying to take a stab at GMR. Not sure why, last time we talked I was under the impression everything was good between us, guess that is not the case. Car is looking good and dispite your incorrect statements I do not have anything against you, I wish the best for you even though your not running our product. Im sure your car will be back running top notch in no time, great build and even better driver!

      Jason





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com