Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 2412

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      HILLBILLY HOLLYWOOD, TENNESSEE!!!
      Posts
      2,044
      My "budget" 66 Shelby Vintage race car that I built in the 1990's started with a REAL 1966 Shelby GT 350 rolling body that I "thought" I stole for $1,700. 2 years later and a total of $35K spent the car was done. The only things Mark and I paid labor wise to have have completed was the fabrication of the roll cage, assembly of the engine, rebuild of the transmission I purchased for road racing, set of rear-end center section pumpkin I purchased, Frame Machine time to straighten the body and sand blasting of the body. Including the original $1,700 purchase price of the car the cost for these labor/services that we paid others to do added up to $6,500. The difference between $6,500 and the end price of the finished car ($35,000) is $28,500 which was spent on parts, paint, supplies and anything else necessary to complete. NO LABOR! We did all the labor ourselves that including fabricating everything in the car, paint, body work, wiring, installations, re-engineering screw ups and more.

      When we were done we did have a rotissarie built, period correct vintage race car that we proceeded to race for the next 7 years however there was nothing cheap about building the car other than the original purchase price of that rolling 1966 Shelby GT 350 Body!!!

      Yes we also went through our share of engines and had to repair one fender due to a altercation with a "city titty" at turn 15 at Sebring.

      I feel your pain!!!!

      Mike

      Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

      www.musclecardeals.com





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com