Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 98 of 121 FirstFirst ... 48 88 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 108 ... LastLast
    Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2412
    1. #1941
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      san diego
      Posts
      5,101
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Windows go in tomorrow I'll have you know.LOL

      I've driven cars with Detroits in them before, I remember the ratcheting, I just don't remember them sounding like they're broke. Those cars had interior, mine is the inside of a beer can, that must be the difference. Took it out again tonight, that is one sideways sliding machine. Will try to drill and change out the front studs to the 5/8" units later tonight.
      There is a difference between a circle track locker and a street or a soft locker.



    2. #1942
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the new 5/8" studs in, still can't beleive the ARP stud head popped while torqueing the wheels (the head is tiny), kind of scary. I think I'll get used to the locker, its just different.






      Ron Schwarz

    3. #1943
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5
      Country Flag: United States

      $5000 budget Mustang

      The locker will not loosen it up in the rear. What does any posi do when you step on gas?? Drive both tires, so whether in a turn or straight a locker will be no different then a posi ( other then ratcheting in a turn)
      The only time you will notice a difference is when lifting all the way off the throttle and getting back into it mid turn, you will learn to breathe off the throttle which will keep chassis and locker in a steady state so there's no big changes.
      Goodluck

    4. #1944
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      .....



      Ron,

      With the splined hubs up front I expect next year's upgrade to be AWD!

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    5. #1945
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      7,477
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      The tire sizes are 275/35-18 and 335/30-18. The side vents are open to the inside of the car right now, they will attach to the rear end cooler now. Here is the only good pic I can find of them, that Dan took at RTTH.


    6. #1946
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Claaaassy!!! . Where do you come up with this stuff Amir.
      Ron Schwarz

    7. #1947
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      state of confusion
      Posts
      1,499
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by JRS View Post
      The locker will not loosen it up in the rear. What does any posi do when you step on gas?? Drive both tires, so whether in a turn or straight a locker will be no different then a posi ( other then ratcheting in a turn)
      The only time you will notice a difference is when lifting all the way off the throttle and getting back into it mid turn, you will learn to breathe off the throttle which will keep chassis and locker in a steady state so there's no big changes.
      Goodluck
      I don't think it's that a locker might loosen the handling as much as it's the suddenness that it can go from tight to loose when the rear tires both start slipping/sliding. Rear tires stuck down and gripping, a locker wants to make the car go straight, but when one goes it gets easier to overload the other one and make it slip as well.


      Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

    8. #1948
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      OK, anybody that runs in the American Street Car Series needs to send me cash. It is now a guarantee that any event that I attend, will not have rain or any inclement weather. Because I now have windows and weather stripping, what is this world coming to.



      Ron Schwarz

    9. #1949
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Tampabay, Florida
      Posts
      78
      Country Flag: United States
      Old age setting in? Next thing you'll want is a radio with AC

    10. #1950
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      Mooresville, Indiana
      Posts
      1,874
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow Ron, it's a "street car"...

    11. #1951
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Buford, GA
      Posts
      923
      Country Flag: United States
      Should have sprayed it all flat black before putting it in...

      And it makes the car look totally different.

      It's crazy how different it looks!!
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

    12. #1952
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Posts
      30
      Allright Ron,if your done adding luxuries and more weight to that sled are we going tocheck the alignment this week?

    13. #1953
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I don't know if I'll have the time to line it up or not. I do know I just added more then 100lbs to the thing. I'll callya.
      Ron Schwarz

    14. #1954
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      What's next Ron? Dynomat, A/C, and a full interior? LOL

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    15. #1955
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Hardyston,NJ
      Posts
      79
      Country Flag: United States

      hood hinges

      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      I knew I wasn't going to be able to use factory hinges,and front portion of the cage is landing right where the hinges would be.I figured I'd hinge the hood in reverse,but didn't realize how hard it would be.The nose of the car is so far past the pivot point, the hinges had to lift up before they pivot out.Took a whole day to calculate and fab some mock ups.Ron

      Do you think its possible to put this hinge setup on a factory radiator support?

    16. #1956
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I don't see any reason you couldn't put that setup on a factory core support. It took like 8 hours to fab that thing, getting the angles right is crusial, because the hood has to lift up before it pivots back so it can clear the grill. I remember I made that hood bracing out of an old bed frame, (makes me giggle) what a peice!

      The car has changed alot since then, I had alot of fun making something out of nothing . Unfortunatly I'm back to my normal call and order it self, kind of miss the $5000 budget. On a side note, I hadn't looked in a while but this cheesey, low dollar build thread that I thought no one would care about, has almost 400,000 hits. Goes to show you Pro Touring is not all high dollar super shiney show peices.
      Ron Schwarz

    17. #1957
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      knoxville
      Posts
      180
      am i the only one who thought "dr. pepper, its not for women!"
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      OK, anybody that runs in the American Street Car Series needs to send me cash. It is now a guarantee that any event that I attend, will not have rain or any inclement weather. Because I now have windows and weather stripping, what is this world coming to.




    18. #1958
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Vinland Kansas,66006
      Posts
      647
      Country Flag: United States
      Ron,I don't about the other's but I for one sure have enjoyed your build thread's.

    19. #1959
      Join Date
      May 2002
      Location
      Northern California
      Posts
      10,716
      Country Flag: United States
      I kinda like the no wing window look. Gives the car a "modern" feel.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε


    20. #1960
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      I seriously contemplated making a one peice side glass, fabbing new tracks etc., but I just have too much going on right now with the AMX and a bunch of family comitments. For as twisted up as the body is, the car is amazingly air tight, and like Tommy said, its finally a street car, a heavy street car, but a street car.
      Ron Schwarz

    Page 98 of 121 FirstFirst ... 48 88 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 108 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com