Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 31 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 91 ... LastLast
    Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2412
    1. #1601
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Terrible news Ron. I am really sorry. Was this a dry sump setup? If not, I see that in your future.



      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her


    2. #1602
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Rockford Illinois
      Posts
      3,949
      Country Flag: United States
      Sorry to hear the news about the engine,
      I seem to recall a moment like that before mine totally let go and then the broken heart.

      That engine was running so good too!

      Ouch on the rear end, Hope you get it all fixed soon before the Motorstate.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

    3. #1603
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      It was a dry sump Andrew, it actually broke a piston, sending the rod through the block (split right at the ring land). I bought the engine from a guy who was racing it on nos, that may have lead to its demise, I've only driven the car in angry mode, who knows?
      Ron Schwarz

    4. #1604
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      AZ
      Posts
      801
      Country Flag: United States
      The picture of this car sideways makes me very sad, but I'm glad you made it out ok, and the car seems to have stayed together pretty well too!
      Robert R.
      1988 S10 blazer 5.0L SBC 700R4 body off build.
      1991 S10 Blazer 4.3L too low daily.
      1975 Cutlass Salon currenlty 350/th350
      Stupidity should be painful.

    5. #1605
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Austin, Tx.
      Posts
      1,539
      Country Flag: United States
      REALLY bad news Ron! I'm so happy you're okay and the car wasn't hurt worse. The oil, antifreeze, and mud is a lot to deal with... it could have been a lot worse.

      When I was in college (1982), we were holding our bi-annual road course event at Texas World Speedway. I was head Cornerworker and positioned in a tower overlooking one of the big sweeper turns in the middle of the track. One of my good friends had just completed a total buildup of his awesome Convertible W30 442. It had stormed the night before and the ground was saturated and muddy just like your picture. On his first timed run, he ran off the edge of the track on the big sweeping turn where I was located. He started sliding, over-corrected, and slid across the track. When he got to the other side of the track, he hit the mud full broadside of his passenger side. The tires slid for a distance as the car dug deeper into the mud during the slide. In a split second, it did a barrel roll with the convertible top slapping back and forth from it's stored position. I thought for sure that top had to have hit my buddy in the head and broke his neck! I jumped out of the observation tower and ran to the car. I could NOT believe it when he stepped out of the car without a scratch!! He said when he felt it bite into the mud he reached over and grabbed the bottom of the passenger seat and hung on for dear life!! His car was totaled.

      Hate to hear about the engine but it could have been a lot worse! Glad to hear you're okay and able to compete another day!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

    6. #1606
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      2,391
      Country Flag: United States
      Good to hear you're not hurt, as much as it sucks, cars can be fixed.

    7. #1607
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      rainy ass NW
      Posts
      74
      LAME!!!!!!!!!! sorry bro. i was stoked to see how this ls7 would do.

      '69 Figherbird
      beauty's not in the budget

    8. #1608
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Northern Minnesota
      Posts
      231
      Country Flag: United States
      OUCH!!! that really hurts!
      I hope you get her back up and running again soon....... it looks like blast to drive, just got to bullet Prof it.

    9. #1609
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Easton, PA
      Posts
      989
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      This is turning into the War and Peace of threads, the thread that never ends.
      Pulled the engine this morning, it appears #5 piston broke right at the ring land, throwing the rod thru the side of the cylinder....so I guess I'll have to figure some things out.


      sorry for your loss, this has always been one of my favorite threads here. but at the same time, it almost seems fitting; you've rebuilt this car a number of times, and yet never seem discouraged. you keep soldiering on and that's commendable.
      if you were on www.bobistheoilguy.com, you'd have dozens of guys all jumping in blaming your Fram oil filter. over there, they call them the 'orange cans of death'.
      Keith C.

    10. #1610
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      state of confusion
      Posts
      1,499
      Country Flag: United States
      Really sucks, Ron. I was over at the autocross pad and saw the trucks roll. Had a bad feeling about it when I didn't see your car come around again, relief when I saw you walking around.

      New pistons next time "whether it needs them or not"?


      Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

    11. #1611
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      32
      Really sorry to hear what happened to your car Ron, glad you alright. You're build is a great inspiration and you'll have it back up and running soon.

      I know its early, but do you have any plans for a new power plant? Make your dream Boss 9 engine using Kaase Boss heads?

    12. #1612
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      786
      Quote Originally Posted by Runningriot View Post
      Really sorry to hear what happened to your car Ron, glad you alright. You're build is a great inspiration and you'll have it back up and running soon.

      I know its early, but do you have any plans for a new power plant? Make your dream Boss 9 engine using Kaase Boss heads?

      OUCH! Hate to hear that.

      Hmmmm. Coyote time???? Dont they come with a warranty?
      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

    13. #1613
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Lehigh Valley Pa
      Posts
      1,269
      Ron so sorry to hear about the engine and resulting crash. It really sucks as that is such a beautiful machine. But anyone dedicated enough to make a car like that can surely make it look and run great once again. And probably even better.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

    14. #1614
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys, I am really thinking about putting a Ford motor in it, car keeps rejecting the Chevy ones. I know so little about Fords, and really have no conections in that department.

      My daughter gets married this week, and my wife really gave me a hard time about going to the event. Talked for days about not doing anything stupid, and endidng up hurt before the wedding. Pi$$es me off that I was driving so conservative because of the cold tempatures, and still balled it up. The wedding will keep me from writing any big checks for a while, I'll have to scrape up something to put in there. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

    15. #1615
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,295
      Damn.... that sucks... good luck with whatever motor you decide to put back in there.
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

    16. #1616
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Where the hosers are.
      Posts
      201
      The events that happened sucks, but there is one thing I like about it, or that it proves...

      This car gets DRIVEN, it's not a trailer queen, or a show car (though it does look good), it's a performer, and the owner isn't afraid to drive it the way it should be.

      *thumbs up*

      That being said, it sucks when any damage occurs, I hope you get it back together soon to enjoy it more.
      1973 Datsun 240 Z
      2.8L Turbocharged and Injected, WIP.

      DIY Fuel injection forums and information

    17. #1617
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Biloxi, Mississippi
      Posts
      66
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      Thanks guys, I am really thinking about putting a Ford motor in it, car keeps rejecting the Chevy ones. I know so little about Fords, and really have no conections in that department.
      Yeah, I'd look at Ford motors - I suppose a dry sump supercharged 5.4 out of a GT is a little pricey - of course the Terminator 4.6 would be my next choice. Although you can probably use the internet as well as the next guy, I'd go with the 4.6 3V, an aluminum Navigator 5.4, or a Mach I motor. A used Coyote would be awesome too, but no, you can't have mine
      2011 Mustang GT 5.0 6-speed, 3.55 rear, and Brembo package

    18. #1618
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,863
      Country Flag: United States
      Jake, and Herb just sent me a pile of pics
      Ron Schwarz

    19. #1619
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Austin, Tx.
      Posts
      1,539
      Country Flag: United States
      Can you show us a picture of the carnage??

      I can't tell much from the above picture other than the shape of the guardrail in the driver's rear corner...
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

    20. #1620
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      38
      Did you run over a pizza delivery guy? (looks like a Domino's Pizza box on your driver's side front fender).

    Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 31 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 91 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com