Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 19 of 19
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      23
      Country Flag: United States

      72 Nova LT4 heat exchanger - it fits!

      I think this is my 1st official post in the forum! Some new pics of my latest Nova build-up. I was worried the heat exchanger and vintage air condenser may not fit in the Nova grill space, with a little trimming of the core support to move the condenser flush with the radiator surface (critical extra space) it fits great and no issues with the hood latch. Some smoothing, paint and powder coat up next to make things pretty.


      - LT4 crate engine
      - 4L85E
      - Moser fab 9"
      - Hughes lockup converter
      - Dakota Digital RTX dash
      - Vintage A/C
      - Forgeline wheels (when I can get them built)
      - Dual Derale transmission coolers installed in the bumper openings, they fit perfectly.
      - C&R radiator with SPAL brushless fans.
      - C&R heat exchanger (Part Number: CIR-56-00019) spec'd for 1969 Camaro that accept the use of Vintage Air A/C condenser (also for Camaro).
      - Aeromotive Gen II Stealth Fuel Tanks


      I'm keeping this car as factory (sleeper) as possible for daily driving with a column shifter, bench seat, and no cowl hood.
      Name:  GM LT4 Crate Engine.jpg
Views: 2334
Size:  537.6 KBName:  Image from iOS (5).jpg
Views: 2111
Size:  562.1 KBName:  Image from iOS (11).jpg
Views: 2043
Size:  546.6 KBName:  Image from iOS.jpg
Views: 2055
Size:  385.6 KBName:  Image from iOS (15).jpg
Views: 2035
Size:  415.1 KB



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      1,666
      Country Flag: United States
      What are your plans for headers?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LT4 (coming)/T56 DSE suspension

      1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S convertible (442 Clone)
      LS3/4L70e, DSE suspension


    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Hildebran, NC
      Posts
      998
      Country Flag: United States
      That is a neat piece for sure!!!
      What Part number radiator are you using? CIR-1500124?

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      721
      Instead of using aeromotive for fuel, you should really look into an oem pump controlled by a pwm vaporworx controller. That will really give you daily driver reliability.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      23
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      What are your plans for headers?
      The factory headers fit great on the passenger side, not so much on the driver side (power steering box). The next test will be the Speed Engineering LT4 shorty header which should fit according to mfg. I'll let you know. We may also try a set of Ultimate Headers (Camaro versions). Fingers crossed.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      23
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by rchaskin View Post
      That is a neat piece for sure!!!
      What Part number radiator are you using? CIR-1500124?
      I will check to confirm but from memory we started with the Nova big block radiator and then went a little wider since I moved the batter to the trunk. I do have the design drawings from C&R so I can dig those up and shoot them over if you like? The radiator worked well and kept the car around 200 degrees with old (tired) small block in Arizona temps (110-115). When C&R built this radiator I had them put the top and bottom tubes on the passenger side for future swap to LS/LT setup.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      23
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Instead of using aeromotive for fuel, you should really look into an oem pump controlled by a pwm vaporworx controller. That will really give you daily driver reliability.
      I will check it out! Thanks for the suggestion. Possible that controller would work with the Aeromotive pump in the new tank? It's PWM compatible according to Aeromotive.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      23
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Very nice.
      Thanks! It's coming along fast given the parts delays with suppliers. Here is an updated pic, it's almost ready to fire. I pick the headers up from coating today, hood hinges are stripped and coated also. Can't wait to drive it 😁

      Name:  LT4 updated.jpg
Views: 1952
Size:  527.4 KB

    10. #10
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Posts
      3
      This is a good thread. I have to install a heat exchanger on the front end of my 69 Firebird. Your posts have helped me.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      369
      Country Flag: United States
      That cooler looks nice!

      I would try to use the GM controller, not any need to do something different unless you aren't using the GM control system for the LT4

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      23
      Country Flag: United States
      I have about 2,500 miles on her now, running great. It's fun!

      Name:  Nova (21).jpg
Views: 1705
Size:  685.7 KB

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      1,086
      Country Flag: United States

      Magnuson

      Why the change to the Magnuson?
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Why the change to the Magnuson?
      Bigger blower...

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      23
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Why the change to the Magnuson?
      If you look closely you'll see the extra fuel rails, I put the Magnuson 2650 on to prepare for more boost, e.85, and port injection

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      23
      Country Flag: United States
      Added Rick's Stainless tank with triple pumps, she ready for e.85 dyno soon!

      Name:  IMG_0061.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  385.9 KB

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      With those tires, leaf springs, and lowering blocks, I bet this is a tire smoking, wheel hopping machine!

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jan 2025
      Posts
      1
      Did you end up getting the Vintage air condenser on there? I'm trying to do the same thing and don't see how to make it all fit?

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      1,666
      Country Flag: United States
      Crucible, which accessory drive did you end up using?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LT4 (coming)/T56 DSE suspension

      1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S convertible (442 Clone)
      LS3/4L70e, DSE suspension




    Tags for this Thread


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com