Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 13 of 13

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2002
      Location
      Italy
      Posts
      746

      Stainless 304 with mig

      hi, I'm putting together a 304 header kit in my chevelle and I spot weld the tubes with my mig using stainless wire and mix gas (argon+co2??)
      the plan is to have the headers tig welded by my buddy but he is running his shop and doesnt have much time.
      what do you think, should I weld it with mi mig or should I wait for him to TIG weld it for me.

      same Q for my stainless exhaust system.

      thanks

      Have Fun!
      André

      2009 Chrysler 300C Touring.
      3.0 liter V6 diesel, five speed auto, black with light grey leather.
      1968 Chevelle Coupe.
      355cid, Viper T56, Corvette C4 IRS (Dana 44) and Corvette C4 IFS with Porsche 6piston Brembo's.
      1980 Chevy Van (shortie G10).
      355cid, TH350, 8.5" 10bolt posi and Belltech spindles.
      2000 BMW 540i Wagon. (FOR SALE €7K)
      4.4 liter V8, six speed manual, lowered and with Bilstein B8's, silver with black leather.
      2001 Ford Focus Wagon.
      1.8 liter turbo diesel, and a whoppin 90HP.:bsjerk:
      1968 Benelli Motorella
      foldable 50c scooter to go in a car trunk.
      2x '90s Yamaha TZR 2stroke bikes.
      one 125cc one cylinder and one will be 350cc two cylinder.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com