Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 7 of 7

    Thread: 1967 Nova

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      108
      Country Flag: United States

      1967 Nova

      Going to start a thread for the build of my 1967 Nova. I bought this car in 1992 built and drove it daily for years, raced and showed it, and then sold it in 1996. In 2021 I was able to locate and buy the car back from the guy who bought it from me in 1996. Even though he only put 500 miles on it, he took out the built 355cid, and put in a relatively stock 327 and painted it. Luckily it spent the 25 years in a garage and there is no rust. My plan is a full pro touring build but not going to do a show car like my previous Camaro. Here are some pictures of it back in 92 before and after I did a driveway build on it, then when I bought it back in 21, and how it sits now.
      Name:  IMG_7740.JPG
Views: 517
Size:  65.1 KBName:  IMG_7741.JPG
Views: 515
Size:  55.8 KBName:  IMG_7742.JPG
Views: 513
Size:  72.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_7113.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  56.2 KBName:  IMG_7735.JPG
Views: 506
Size:  57.7 KBName:  IMG_7738.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  62.1 KBName:  nova 1.JPG
Views: 521
Size:  50.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_3471.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  485.5 KBName:  IMG_3484.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  349.1 KBName:  IMG_3482.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  299.1 KB



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2000
      Location
      Thousand Oaks California
      Posts
      10,219
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice work!
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Posts
      372
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by steve671 View Post
      Going to start a thread for the build of my 1967 Nova. I bought this car in 1992 built and drove it daily for years, raced and showed it, and then sold it in 1996. In 2021 I was able to locate and buy the car back from the guy who bought it from me in 1996. Even though he only put 500 miles on it, he took out the built 355cid, and put in a relatively stock 327 and painted it. Luckily it spent the 25 years in a garage and there is no rust. My plan is a full pro touring build but not going to do a show car like my previous Camaro. Here are some pictures of it back in 92 before and after I did a driveway build on it, then when I bought it back in 21, and how it sits now.
      Name:  IMG_7740.JPG
Views: 517
Size:  65.1 KBName:  IMG_7741.JPG
Views: 515
Size:  55.8 KBName:  IMG_7742.JPG
Views: 513
Size:  72.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_7113.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  56.2 KBName:  IMG_7735.JPG
Views: 506
Size:  57.7 KBName:  IMG_7738.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  62.1 KBName:  nova 1.JPG
Views: 521
Size:  50.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_3471.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  485.5 KBName:  IMG_3484.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  349.1 KBName:  IMG_3482.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  299.1 KB
      Nice to get an old friend back!!
      1970 Camaro restomod power tour ride
      1966 Buick Special restomod, the never ending project
      1970 GTO My newest retirement project, time to gather parts!

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      108
      Country Flag: United States

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Posts
      738
      So some pics of my 67 I did a number of years ago for your inspiration. LS swap. Was great project. Name:  67 Nova LS1 006.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  318.8 KBName:  004 (2).jpg
Views: 486
Size:  353.1 KB

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      108
      Country Flag: United States
      Most of the stainless steel bolts that I bought from Orchard Supply Hardware and that I hand polished back in 93 are still there.


      Name:  IMG_8941.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  387.3 KB

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      108
      Country Flag: United States
      Tentative plan includes:

      Blueprint aluminum LS427
      Supercharger
      Roadstershop chassis
      Minitub
      6 Speed manual T56 Magnum
      92 octane to E85 compatible


      Name:  IMG_8949.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  461.5 KB




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com