Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 17 of 17

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2000
      Location
      Thousand Oaks California
      Posts
      10,219
      Country Flag: United States

      Pro-Touring.com's '55 Bel Air Project

      Well, I have had the car since late 2015 so I guess it's time I started posting updates on it.

      It's a 1955 Bel Air 4 door sedan with a 235 inline six, three on the tree and factory overdrive.

      I found it listed on the internet near Chicago where member Bob Chiluk went and looked at it for me. Things looked good and I picked it up for $7,790 and had it shipped my way.

      It arrived as a bone stock all original car with 100,061 miles on it. The story I'm told is that it was just pulled from a dry barn where it had been under cover for about 29 years. The tires held air until about a week ago and it fired right up when it arrived after a squirt of oil on the starter solenoid and a rap with a hammer. With the exception of the bottom of the spare tire area in the truck all the rust is just surface rust.

      Shortly after I picked it up I installed and HEI distributor because the original distributor had issues and the vacuum advance didn't work. Shortly after that I installed and rebuilt carb and all is well. I have been driving it on weekends and after I installed new brake shoes, 2 drums and wheel cylinders I am driving it to work.

      Well, enough on this update. Here are some pictures of what I am starting with.

















      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com