Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 12 of 12
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2023
      Location
      Columbus, GA
      Posts
      10
      Country Flag: United States

      1962 Catalina Pro-Touring Build

      Hello All, I'm at the early stages of a pro-touring build and figured I'd post some of my progress... It's a 62 Catalina two door post car. Good body, great floors and sheetmetal. To this point, I've grafted in C4 (93) suspension front & rear (coil overed), Gen V LT1 (6.2) with Holley mid-mount accessories, TR6060, C6-ZO6 brakes (F&R), 19 inch wheels with 325/30s & 275/35s...etc. I'm knee-deep in the build right now with a long way to go. Also have a fiberglass hood and decklid (VFN) on the way that should ship tomorrow. Looking forward to plagiarizing some of your ideas as I go. 8-)

      It's a home garage build, so expectations aren't too high.



      It's not my first build, but I'm always looking for better ideas.

      Tom
      Name:  -1638641938132251691.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  944.4 KBName:  20250110_142011.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  697.6 KB


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Posts
      31
      Sweet build so far man! something a bit different!

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,862
      Country Flag: United States
      What a cool build!
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      1,086
      Country Flag: United States
      Love these old Cats! Following!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2023
      Location
      Columbus, GA
      Posts
      10
      Country Flag: United States
      No doubt...gotta love'em!

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Nov 2023
      Location
      Columbus, GA
      Posts
      10
      Country Flag: United States
      Thank you...I had planned to build a 1st gen Firebird, but saw this at a swap meet (Moultrie, GA.) and fell in love with it. It's been fun so far.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Nov 2023
      Location
      Columbus, GA
      Posts
      10
      Country Flag: United States
      Absolutely, Definitely different from my past projects...all were 2nd Gen Camaro's (70-73). It ought to be a differently piece when done.

      Tom

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2000
      Location
      Thousand Oaks California
      Posts
      10,218
      Country Flag: United States
      Oh! This is going to be interesting.

      Thanks for sharing.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      This is going to be a very cool build. You are starting with a really neat car.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      N. Scottsdale
      Posts
      422
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome. I love those old Cats! I've been thinking of a build like this...keeping the patina would be really cool.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Vancouver,Canada
      Posts
      94
      Country Flag: Canada
      Now this is cool! Great choice for a pro touring build...very cool

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Nov 2023
      Location
      Columbus, GA
      Posts
      10
      Country Flag: United States
      Thank you...




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com