Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 50

    Thread: 1970 GTO Judge

    1. #21
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Ok. I ordered a set of 295/30r20's and a set of 255/40r18's. I will try these out and go from there. They are super cheap tires, but I will have them for rollers and to try on it once the car is done. Just hope they aren't dry rotted by then!

    2. #22
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      I put the tire on the rear end today. This is just a rear i had to make it roll. It's a 10 bolt out of a 65 so it's one inch narrower that what the car would have came with. It does "fit" though. I have the tire on the wheel simulator set to my correct 5.5" backspace.
      Name:  20241104_155308.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  347.0 KB

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by gtome View Post
      I put the tire on the rear end today. This is just a rear i had to make it roll. It's a 10 bolt out of a 65 so it's one inch narrower that what the car would have came with. It does "fit" though. I have the tire on the wheel simulator set to my correct 5.5" backspace.
      Name:  20241104_155308.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  347.0 KB
      What size is that?
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      That's the 305/35r20

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      ERIE, PA
      Posts
      307
      Country Flag: United States

      Camaro wheels

      What's the specs on the camaro wheels, looks great!

      Attachment 215188
      -Bennyhaha

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      I'm not sure on the camaro wheels. It's not mine. I was just doing some work on it.

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Got the rear wheels today. Look ok for $289. Fronts will be here Wednesday.
      Also got the new tires. Got 295/30r20 for the rear and 255/40r18 for the front. The 295's are kind of disappointing compared to the 305 I was hoping to use.
      Name:  20241107_194240.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  508.0 KB

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Had the tires mounted today. I was kind of pissed because they chaeged me $88 to put 2 new tires on 2 new rims. Then it started to rain as soon as i put them in the truck. Oh well. This weekend I will put the body back on the frame and do a test fit. I know these will fit in the car, but I can measure for the rear end now.
      Name:  20241108_164034.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  566.9 KB



    9. #29
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Looks like there is plenty of room for a 305 in there if I decide to go a little bigger in the future. I bought the wrong lug nuts, so I had to put some old ones I had laying around on it. I tried a 70 GTO style lug nut on it, but it's so deep in there you really can't see it. Also rolled the 305/35r20 to put next to the 295/30r20 that is on it, for a comparison. I'm a bit surprised how much taller the 35 is than the 30.
      Name:  20241109_091948.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  615.6 KB
      Name:  20241109_091846.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  665.4 KB
      Name:  20241109_092755.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  333.1 KB
      Name:  20241109_093233.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  718.0 KB

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      The shorter tire will work better.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Grrrr! I could have easily fit those 305's in there. Maybe even a 315. Oh well. Maybe once these are burned off.Name:  20241110_165716.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  366.2 KB
      Name:  20241110_170013.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  338.5 KB
      Name:  20241110_165700.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  159.0 KB

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      I told you I use 305/35-18s on my 70 GTO and there is plenty of room if the wheel offset is precise.

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    13. #33
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Yeah I was unsure with the height difference in a 20". Oh well. I paid $107 each for these 295/30r20's, so it won't hurt much to replace them. I'm a little surprised how well they fit with the 1" narrower 1965 rear in it. Must be the 5.5" backspace.

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Pulling the rear out tonight to measure for the 9" ford. I plan to maybe put a cam in the LS3 and not much more than that, so probably just 31 spline and maybe 3:70 gears. I need to get back onto a gear calculator and nail that down.
      We do some powdercoating at work, and have a huge oven, so I will do the rear and frame here. Then I can move onto doing the bodywork.

    15. #35
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Still grindin. Got all but the hood and nose in final primer.
      Name:  20241229_180030.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  234.0 KB

    16. #36
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Trying to keep moving forward during the 3 weeks of winter we have. This wheel has been staring at me for a while. Probably the most disgusting one if ever seen (or felt!). Soaked it in Dawn overnight. It's not great yet but it helped a little.Name:  1000001895.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  272.3 KBName:  1000001899.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  368.3 KB

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Oregon coast
      Posts
      255
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by gtome View Post
      Grrrr! I could have easily fit those 305's in there. Maybe even a 315. Oh well. Maybe once these are burned off.Name:  20241110_165716.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  366.2 KB
      Name:  20241110_170013.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  338.5 KB
      Name:  20241110_165700.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  159.0 KB
      Darn, Sorry I'm late to the party I could have helped. I ran a 305/35R20 on my 69 Pontiac for a while and only ran into rubbing issues when I had people in the back seat and hit a pothole other than that I never had any fitment issues after rolling the fenders a bit. Project looks great though.

    18. #38
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Thanks brother. I am going to have a 9" built for it, so if I get the measurements right on, I will put some bigger ones on the next time. These are super cheap tires I got for it this time too, so who knows how long they will last anyway.

    19. #39
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Posts
      168
      Man I just went for a ride in my buddies new GT500 track something mustang with the dual clutch trans. That trans is awesome! I might have to see what it takes to do a ZF or whatever they are called in behind my LS3. It's a whole different experience!

    20. #40
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by gtome View Post
      Man I just went for a ride in my buddies new GT500 track something mustang with the dual clutch trans. That trans is awesome! I might have to see what it takes to do a ZF or whatever they are called in behind my LS3. It's a whole different experience!
      The ZF8HP is not a dual clutch transmission, but it has very fast shifts. Here is a post that I started on LS1 tech which outlines all of the details:

      https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...sion-swap.html

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com