Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 14 of 14

    Threaded View

    1. #5
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Carlo C. View Post
      Guys,
      I am planning on installing the Chevy L8P (LT) crate engine and 6L80e trans combo in a 71 Camaro:

      I have a lot of questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

      I have been searching the internet trying to find out what needs to be done to make this 6L80 transmission work in this car. I have come to the conclusion that it does fit without cutting the tunnel, but it seems there is a problem with the pan hanging low under the car. I will have this car sitting a little low to look good. I seen people cutting and modifying the transmission pans, but most of the posts I was reading were rather old so I am wondering if anything has come out or if anyone has come up with a better solution?

      I have figured out the shifter situation as shiftworks makes a shifter for the factory console for a 6L80/90 transmission so that was rather easy.

      I had already bought a trans crossmember from Hooker Blackheart to install a 4L80 that I have for the car and was wondering if I can make that work with the 6L80 or do I need to get another one?



      I was looking at the engine mount plates from Speed Engineering motor mount conversion plates, but was wondering if I can use the old school style solid motor mounts that are commonly used on the small block chevy stuff. I have the stock factory small block frame mounts on the car. This is what I would prefer if possible.

      I was also wondering if the low profile LT oil pan from Speed Engineering would work on this engine?

      I had links for everything but it would not allow me to post them yet. I am having problems even posting on this site. I tried all weekend from my laptop at home and could not post.


      Thanks in advance for any help.
      Carlo C.

      The Pontiac G8 pan (6l80) is lower profile than the stock 6l80 pan. I am using that transmission/pan along with a Lokar dipstick in a Nova I'm building. You may have driveline angle issues depending on the trans cross member and will have to cut the tunnel anyway.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com