Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 18 of 18

    Threaded View

    1. #18
      Join Date
      Jan 2024
      Location
      Gainesville, Ga
      Posts
      27
      Country Flag: United States
      So that pump was a Delco EP381. Nobody had one in stock so I bought the equivalent Delphi pump and through it in. My tuner came by long enough to load a basic tune in it so it would idle. Then we loaded it up and took it to C10 Fall Revival '20.



      https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hWqK0yfPyGw


      Brought it back home, finished up a few things and tried to load it in the trailer to go to the exhaust shop and it wouldn't start again So winched it in the trailer and pushed it into the exhaust shop. They do good work but it's just a run of the mill shop, no mandrels or anything. For a driver, that's fine. Got 'em to neck down the 3" collectors to 2.5" pipe (I like the way it sounds raspier over the boomier 3" and I was hoping to mitigate drone), into an X-pipe and Borla ProXS mufflers.

      Name:  Exhaust shop 1.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  404.4 KB

      Name:  X-pipe.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  219.8 KB



      Name:  Exhaust shop 6.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  433.7 KB

      Took it straight over to my tuner and got it to start and cough once but that was it. Ran all the usual tests and decided we didn't have fuel. So down comes the tank again...

      Name:  3rd pump install.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  523.4 KB

      Ended up bringing it back to work to get it out of his way. Got another Delco EP381 this time. He swears by these but I've had ZERO luck with them. I ended up redoing the wiring with a weather pack relay back there right at the tank and larger gauge wire and threw it all back together

      Name:  Exhaust shop 7.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  356.4 KB

      That worked and he came up to start actually tuning it. Got it pretty decent but it had a dead skip at idle. Got the temp gun out and sure enough, #1 was cold. So he left and I pulled the spark plug, looked fine. Pulled the injector, it was wet and had been firing. That's weird. Pulled the valve cover and found the culprit...I forgot to tighten down one of the rockers

      https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ONvzYJA9vdA





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com