Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 18 of 18

    Threaded View

    1. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2024
      Location
      Gainesville, Ga
      Posts
      27
      Country Flag: United States
      I forgot to mention, I used the engine mounts and transmission cross member from Tejas Steelworks out of Texas. They move the engine up and forward 1" each way. Not ideal for my PT dreams, but it was the best bang for the buck to get the truck on the road. Our first hurdle was the PS pump, it was hitting the frame. Nothing a BFH couldn't fix...



      Name:  IMG_4079.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  500.9 KB

      Name:  IMG_4080.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  446.5 KB

      At this point, I had hoped to run the Envoy AC compressor. You can see here how much room I had to the rail, fittings would be no issue. That plan would eventually change and we'd go back to a regular truck AC comp and have to notch the frame

      Name:  IMG_4092.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  462.4 KB

      Name:  IMG_4096.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  448.8 KB

      I also shot the core support with Chassis Black before dropping the drivetrain in

      Name:  IMG_4114.JPG
Views: 634
Size:  570.8 KB

      So at this point, I started ordering parts for the rear axle. I'd found a local guy that said he'd build it for me for $500 if I bring him the axle and parts. Ordered everything from Quick Performance. They have the best deal for a "kit" for the center section, you get to choose your Richmond gear set, 28 or 30-spline Yukon Dura-Grip diff, all bearings and seals for $500 at the time. I went 30-spline so I picked up their matching axles, 1350 forged yoke and T/A girdle while I was at it. Went with 3.90 gears.

      Name:  IMG_4191.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  416.9 KB

      Name:  IMG_4204.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  338.2 KB

      Name:  IMG_4208.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  379.9 KB

      Name:  IMG_4216.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  343.1 KB





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com