Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: 68 Camaro Trans recomendation
-
09-05-2023 #1
Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2020
- Posts
- 42
68 Camaro Trans recomendation
hey guys looking to see what everyone recommends, doing a 68 camaro build now with a ls2 adding a lsa supercharger as well. i have a 4le60 that was given to me but not sure if thats gonna be able to handle it. was trying to avoid having to cut the tunnel on the car. has anyone ran the 4le60 with a ls and blower and not had any problems?
-
09-05-2023 #2
Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Posts
- 738
I did a "built" 4L60E behind a stroked LS2 to 427 cubes. In a 67 Nova. Stock rear wheel wells so 255/40/18 tires. 490 RWHP on the chassis dyno.
I didn't break it. I couldn't get enough tire under it to break it. But I didn't try to break it with smoking the tires from a start. I used a Yank 3200 billet converter. It drove like a stocker until you floored it.
But it was quite fun while driving about 40 mph and punch it. It would down shift and smoke the tires.
I would talk to folks like Gear Star or Monster and see what they think is best.
09-06-2023 #3
Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2014
- Posts
- 243



Reply With Quote