Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Results 81 to 100 of 262
    1. #81
      Join Date
      Jan 2023
      Posts
      2
      Those shock towers are a pain in the ass on the Mustang (Wife has a '66). I wish i'd have gotten rid of them and gone with a double a-arm setup.

    2. #82
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Made some progress in getting her ready for her new skin. Name:  70D92F1F-77FC-4FC4-8E59-26F6A8727B92.jpg
Views: 3496
Size:  498.2 KB

      - - - Updated - - -

      I got the panhard bar set and tacked into place. Name:  7DF30161-8C28-4803-BB9A-1CF804790B5E.jpg
Views: 3456
Size:  437.5 KBName:  B0B05D10-296E-481A-8329-7CC0AA3E988A.jpg
Views: 3463
Size:  420.0 KBName:  7DF30161-8C28-4803-BB9A-1CF804790B5E.jpg
Views: 3456
Size:  437.5 KBName:  B0B05D10-296E-481A-8329-7CC0AA3E988A.jpg
Views: 3463
Size:  420.0 KB

    3. #83
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I did some rocker repair.
      Name:  IMG_1472.jpg
Views: 3374
Size:  277.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_1473.jpg
Views: 3369
Size:  263.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_1474.jpg
Views: 3324
Size:  263.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_1475.jpg
Views: 3318
Size:  267.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_1476.jpg
Views: 3275
Size:  313.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1477.jpg
Views: 3359
Size:  261.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1478.jpg
Views: 3362
Size:  227.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1479.jpg
Views: 3438
Size:  251.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_1480.jpg
Views: 3304
Size:  343.7 KB

    4. #84
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      And it turned out ok. Name:  653C8957-B31A-4E12-8F70-3D0F58F0BCA0.jpg
Views: 3249
Size:  551.2 KBName:  F54EA216-0E65-472E-830E-36AB2E229508.jpg
Views: 3277
Size:  442.4 KB

    5. #85
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I’m continuing the mock up of the roll bar and the floors. This is what I am thinking now. Name:  160E046F-CAA9-402C-9E8F-C36556FD64DE.jpg
Views: 3240
Size:  435.4 KBName:  4F2C1C7E-B100-4FFB-8289-D952C9B3A7F7.jpg
Views: 3188
Size:  371.7 KB

    6. #86
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Ok, I’m trying something different here. I don’t want to spend $3,000 on the internal frame pieces since I won’t use most of it. I am going to try to use some cuts to shape the roof support to the fastback shape. Name:  5DB76DC9-D23F-4AB8-9F5C-F0F564DA8CBC.jpg
Views: 3250
Size:  421.1 KBName:  3F8B6F55-9789-4543-A172-76C061BFD796.jpg
Views: 3227
Size:  408.7 KB

    7. #87
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      It’s a fastback! Still a long way to go but this is a big step. Name:  779F2A80-0A75-47BA-A691-E1526E06D6C2.jpg
Views: 3281
Size:  390.0 KBName:  CEE6CA19-ED3E-4BD7-BE75-B9DA8E081613.jpg
Views: 3199
Size:  390.8 KB

    8. #88
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Made some progress on the roll cage now that I know the height. Name:  IMG_1528.jpg
Views: 3224
Size:  294.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_1527.jpg
Views: 3205
Size:  312.0 KB

    9. #89
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      39
      Country Flag: UK
      Great fab work and giving me some inspiration for my forthcoming ‘68 fastback restomod

    10. #90
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by staffy View Post
      Great fab work and giving me some inspiration for my forthcoming ‘68 fastback restomod
      Thank you. The more I do, the more confident I am getting. It was a huge win to put the quarters on and they lined up!

    11. #91
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Got 4 of the 8 points of the roll cage tacked in. Name:  IMG_1532.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  346.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_1531.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  327.5 KB

    12. #92
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Got the seat in so I can nail down a few of the final details of the roll bar. I am trying to meet NHRA 8.5 specs in case I ever take it to the track. Name:  IMG_1547.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  452.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_1546.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  356.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_1545.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  335.1 KB

    13. #93
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Name:  IMG_1574.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  291.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1573.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  306.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_1569.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  378.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_1565.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  293.6 KB
      Got the roll cage in and the dash back in place.

    14. #94
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Posts
      129
      damn that looks good



    15. #95
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
      damn that looks good
      Thank you. It’s starting to feel like I am making progress. So much of the project so far has just been cutting away rust and it is nice to be adding back on.

    16. #96
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      The title of this build thread is a little misleading. It should be called " Racecar with Mustang body"

      LoL


      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    17. #97
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      The title of this build thread is a little misleading. It should be called " Racecar with Mustang body"

      LoL


      Andrew
      Yeah, it's kinda heading that way. I'll try to make up for it with a nice upholstered interior ; )

    18. #98
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Couple more pictures of the roll cage before I put the top on. Name:  IMG_1582.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  334.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1579.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  308.6 KB

    19. #99
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      I made a little progress today. I built the bumper mount. Name:  IMG_1601.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  351.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_1600.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  369.6 KB

    20. #100
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      Since I am using the coupe inner structure, I had to fab the back part where the window seals. Name:  IMG_1590.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  377.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_1591.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  346.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_1592.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  272.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_1593.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  265.5 KB

    Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com