Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1962 Chevy C10 build

I bought this Truck on BAT a few weeks ago. It’s one of those rare finds that the pics and descriptions didn’t do it justice, the body is a 9 out of 10 with a few small scratches and the frame is as new. Kicking around engines I was intrigued with some low mileage eBay finds such as new twin-turbo 8 or 10 spd tranie combos for 5-7k or there was a 3 mile! 3.0 duramax diesel in the same price range. In the end, we were concerned with fitment given the way the frame rails pinch in the engine bay. Bottom line, we’re working with Tom at 12Bolt to put together a turbo lump port 292 I6 w/EFI and he thinks getting a reliable pump gas 400hp/500ft/lbs won’t be a stretch. My truck has the low tranie hump for the three on the tree so we’re probably going to go with a built 200R4 because of its small size. Still working on suspension/brake mods planning new IFS, power rack, 5 stud hubs, coilovers and disc brakes all around. The truck came with rear airbags in a box which will help loading a race car with shallow approach angle but overall I want to keep the stock ride height. It has 15” steelies but they’ll be replaced with 17” steelies for the wider tire selection and bigger brakes. I’m working on the audio in my garage while we wait for parts and will bring it to a friends shop. Custom auto sound w/blue tooth, dash speaker in awaiting subwoofer, kick speakers and head unit this week & once I get it fired up I’ll decide whether I need to add an amp. Woodworker hobbyist I made a custom ebony radio surround to replace the crappy black plastic surround it came to me with. Also added MagSafe holder/charger in place of ashtray so I have my WAZE always handy. I have a set of classic instrument gauges left over from another project that will go in a auto meter billet insert that I’ll have black anodized. This week I’ll finalize a new bench seat with TMI as I want them to use a wool Scottish tartan I have with red leather. The goal is to have this all put back together by spring.

Attached Images Attached Images          
      Larry Nirenberg
      20 MB GLS450
      22 Porsche GT4
      62 Chevy C10

Nice truck. You won't have an issue hitting 500+ with a turbo 292, saw them do just that on a TV show, pulled down over 500HP at the crank on a dyno.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2008 Colorado beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Nice truck. Whatever you paid for it, you got a bargain. You won't have an issue hitting 500+ with a turbo 292, saw them do just that on a TV show, pulled down over 500HP at the crank on a dyno. But, I shouldn't think there would be an issue putting any of the other engines in, those trucks came from the factory with a small block V8.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2008 Colorado beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

The prime directive is to do something different than an LS/LT or SBC transplant. Knowing nothing about the GM I6, it didn’t take much time on line to find out they are stout buggers with a lot of potential and more available parts than I would have imagined
      Larry Nirenberg
      20 MB GLS450
      22 Porsche GT4
      62 Chevy C10