Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 69

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand

      Bit more progress.

      So moving ahead.
      Front sub frame in, engine & box in.
      Have to tweak one rack hydraulic line to clear the sump, and a few fiddly little things like that, but it's progress!
      Name:  more.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  365.9 KBName:  Front 1.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  386.0 KB

      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      173
      Country Flag: United States
      I wanted to retain the LSA oil cooler so I opted for the Cadillac oil pan which fits very good. Just barely hangs below the cross member.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowcatter View Post
      I wanted to retain the LSA oil cooler so I opted for the Cadillac oil pan which fits very good. Just barely hangs below the cross member.
      Right, I've got a C & R Racing radiator & heat exchanger on the way. Seemed like a good system. I'm loving how much gear is available that's already sorted for a 69/LSA/6 speed setup.

      It's like giant really ****ing expensive Lego!

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand

      Bit more work in the tubs, & front end.

      Name:  Rear tub 2.jpg
Views: 1873
Size:  211.2 KBName:  Rear tub.jpg
Views: 1862
Size:  190.1 KBName:  LSA & front end.jpg
Views: 1893
Size:  238.3 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Name:  IRS rear view.JPG
Views: 1372
Size:  217.6 KBName:  IRS side.JPG
Views: 1379
Size:  237.7 KB

      Getting some suspension in the back end.
      Ignore the tire hanging on the left, just looking at sizes for rubber.
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Dang I wonder if the Caddy pan would work on my LS7 with a wet sump swap!
      Keep up the good work your build is awesome
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Name:  Trunk area.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  245.9 KBName:  IRS 31_07_20 1.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  287.7 KB

      Still moving ahead.
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      The City of Fountains
      Posts
      16,125
      Country Flag: United States
      Where do the coilovers mount at the frame? Does there need to be a mount added?

      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @dr__efi
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

      "You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Where do the coilovers mount at the frame? Does there need to be a mount added?

      Andrew
      Art Morrison supplies a sub frame/chassis section, you cut out the existing stuff, weld in their one, and the IRS bolts into that.
      Tidy engineering.
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand

      Some progress.

      Wegner drive kit, nice gear.
      Name:  Wegner drive.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  169.5 KB

      Shot from the bottom
      Name:  Underneath.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  115.3 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      122
      Country Flag: United States
      Very very nicely done

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
      Very very nicely done
      Don't look hard at the exhaust, it's just tacked, coming out now for a smooth up & finish.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by Snowcatter View Post
      Wow you are moving along quickly! Mine is progressing much slower lol
      Has times when it goes well, & times when it goes backwards. ;-)
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand

      Been a while!

      Well, the cars been at the painters for 14 months, which wasn't what I envisioned, but hey, good things take time right?

      Name:  Paint final.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  182.8 KBName:  Paint final 2.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  316.7 KBName:  Paint final 1.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  319.3 KB

      It should be back in the workshop in a few days, and we start putting it back together.
      So it'll move along then. Really really want this thing sitting on it's wheels!
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      173
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow you are moving along quickly! Mine is progressing much slower lol

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jan 2022
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: United States
      Gorgeous man!
      Kevin: '95 5MT C1500 RCLB - On the road to an LS Swap!

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      38
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow! that IRS is amazing looking, this is going to be an incredible car

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand

      progress

      Sh*t stage for photos, but we're moving ahead.
      Waiting for front sub frame to be painted to install engine, gearbox front suspension etc. but back end is in, wheels fit beautifully thank f*#k, & Keith is busy slapping dynamat on anything that doesn't move.
      It's awesome to be moving forward again!
      Name:  Keith dynamat man!.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  412.9 KBName:  Rear disc.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  272.2 KBName:  Rear tyre.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  205.4 KBName:  Wheel & brake.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  268.7 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Kansas City, Missouri
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      What size rear tire is that?

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      What size rear tire is that?
      335/30/18
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Name:  back view.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  303.0 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com