Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 46

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Dayton, Ohio
      Posts
      443
      Country Flag: United States
      Updating
      Modified my cowl panel. Cut away the grill bars, welded 1/8 rod around the perimeter of the opening, tack welded 1/4-20 studs to the bottom side, stripped, skim coated, primed, sanded, primed. It'll get SS or aluminum screening.

      Name:  IMG_1558.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  697.4 KBName:  IMG_1559.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  728.6 KBName:  IMG_1575.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  684.2 KB

      Tacked rh quarter in place. Bumped out 2"

      Name:  IMG_1584.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  483.3 KBName:  IMG_1585.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  485.8 KB

      Pulled the heads and had them reworked with new valves, springs, seats & seals. Had them set up for roller rockers. Also picked up an Offenhauser dual plane intake, had some recommended machining done then cleaned. I painted the heads & intake with Eastwoods ceramic engine paint.

      Name:  IMG_1579.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  463.1 KBName:  IMG_1581.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  546.9 KB



      Pulled the block out of the car and finished disassembling. There was some surface rust in #2 & #4 cylinders. Number 6 piston has a broken ring groove wall between 2nd ring and oil ring. I don't know what happened to it, there was no rust in the cylinder and the piston slid out fine. I had forgotten my pistons had been knurled so I'm thinking I might be looking at minimal boring with the needed cylinder cleanup.

      Name:  IMG_1577.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  422.7 KBName:  IMG_1578.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  535.9 KB
      Roger

      69 Mustang coupe, under construction
      2011 Mustang - DD
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ang-SuperCoupe

      Freedom Of Speed!








    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com