Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      While it may not look like it, I got some good work done this weekend.

      Big focus was wiring all the different lights. Doing wiring properly always takes time, but better to do it now than chase issues later. Since the bed isn't on yet I focused on the front.

      Name:  20200308_001624.jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  193.6 KB

      I realize these headlights are not everyone's cup of tea, but I hate the 4pc design of the stock setup (nightmare to install/remove), these look far more modern, they fit the planned color combo better, and I'm a big fan of Projector lights when they are made reasonably well. Plus they have LEDs and I'm a total LED whore. I also converted these to HIDs which I've never seen done on these particular lights. That was a little tricky, but it seems to work well. So now I have full parking, high/low beam, and turn/hazard lights up front with weatherpack connectors allowing it to be serviced if needed.

      I'm so excited to see how this all looks with the new front bumper. That is scheduled to ship mid-week so hopefully it won't be too much longer.

      Another area to address was the preset timing tables in the Dominator map. I noticed it would command up to 44 degrees of timing which is much more than I've ever seen on a motor like mine. So I have been running the distributor retarded. Now that I better understand the tables in the software I went and capped everything at 32 degrees. I just need to reset the distributor now. Sure I might be giving up a little power and efficiency, but everything needs to break-in anyway so I'm not sweating it. I plan to optimize later as I start leaning on the truck more and more.

      I used that as an excuse to pull the truck out and of course caught a more flattering photo than what I can do in the garage.

      Name:  20200308_193114.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  286.1 KB

      Must have forgotten to snap some pics, but the bed is sitting ready to install. I routed and loomed the entire rear harness so all it needs is the OEM plug added and we are fully lit. I'm also going to call and schedule for a windshield install this week so I can safely tolerate road speeds. Haha

      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com