Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      637
      Country Flag: United States
      What is your IG handle? Link in your sig appears to be broken. I've been missing the truck updates lol

      For the SBF some heads here designed with straight plugs, some were designed with angled plugs. Those heads look like they are the "angle" plug type similar to a GT40P head like I have on my Rustang (unless the pic angle is throwing me off), and I'm guessing the headers were designed for "straight" plug heads. Here's a link with a pic showing the difference: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums...estion.417681/

      That might explain the issue with the plug clearance. Certainly worth looking into, but I think you're going to end up modifying/building your own headers due to the application. Both of the cars my family has built ran into header issues. Our 69 Torino with a 351 Cleveland in it took two sets of headers cut apart and rerouted to clear the steering components, and it still is tight. On the other hand, our Chevelle with a 350 SBC we thought we were good, and they managed to screw those up too and we had to modify them.

      The only headers I've never had to touch were the ones I put on my Rustang, and they were designed by Ford so that explains why they actually fit.

      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

      1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com