Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      What is a VSR? I assume it's some kind of vent for the fuel tank, but I'm guessing it must be a little more than just that.



      When the exhaust is done, you'll have to post a sound clip or walkaround. I'm not there yet, but I will (hopefully) need to pick mufflers in the not-to-distant future.
      It's like speakers...you can't just pick them based on looks or recommendations and expect to be happy.

      Jay
      The VSR is 1 of 2 versions II Much offers their vent in. This is for remote mounting the actual breather which is why you see the second line running straight down from mine. The canister itself functions exactly the same and is nearly physically identical to the other version. You can see it on their website.

      I definitely plan to share some sound clips. I seem to have my mic dialed in decent for my camera so it should be easy to hear. My biggest fight with mufflers is trying to find one that offers an aggressive idle while not blowing out your ear drums when you mat the fun pedal. I get that is largely unrealistic, but a guy can dream. My little mufflers that I've been running have an angry idle, but they are simply too loud when you go over 2500 rpm. Not ear-splitting (to me), but just way too much for around town or any track. Lance believes I'll still have some tracks that these Borlas are too loud for (I agree), but I have an idea for that as well. I think I'll be buying a Decimeter soon to do some sound tests with real data which should help you guys and myself pick something appropriate.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com