Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

1967 Pontiac LeMans

I've lurked for awhile, drooling over high buck and low buck builds all while gathering ideas for my own project. I'm sharing this to help document the process for myself while also hoping others chime in with suggestions, criticisms, and words of encouragement.

My goal is to end up with a driver. I do track days with my other car, so I really want this thing to end up more then comfortable on the track and autocross course. I have had this car for far too long. It's time to just jump in and get something done. This is going to be a drawn out budget build.

The car is a 1967 Pontiac LeMans hardtop. It's a 326 with 3 on the floor, red over black. I inherited the car from a family member who bought it back in 71, so I am the 3rd owner.

My goals are to clean up the body, throw much more running gear under it, run the stock 326/3spd for awhile, then put in a LS and 6 speed when funds allow. I'm currently looking at UMI's setup but am still doing research.

The car has had a cheap paint job done. The original was trashed from the Mount St. Helen's eruption. Luckily there is little body filler, and short of a couple patch panels and the trunk pan, the body is in relatively good shape. I'm in the process of stripping it down so I can shoot the car in SPI expoxy primer. I've ordered a new trunk pan kit and GTO hood from AMD.

Name:  Y4wR9RW - Imgur.jpg
Views: 1971
Size:  322.8 KBName:  IRQdiH4 - Imgur.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  352.0 KBName:  S2fY5JD - Imgur.jpg
Views: 1725
Size:  209.0 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com