Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 145

    Thread: 1979 Trans Am

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by cornfedbill View Post
      I'm eager to see how this project turns out.

      By the way, my Nova is a real numbers matching 97k original miles Spirit of America that I bought back in 1974. It was a one year only option, and is rarer than a Super Sport. As you may have guessed, a purist I am not. So I won't complain if you take a Sawzall to the underside to make room for the right engine, transmission and suspension.



      I do, however, like the styling of the second gen T/A's. It would be hard to make it look better in my opinion. I've seen it done though with very subtle mods.
      Thanks! I'm eager myself. Sadly, I may be eager for a while. I'm about to welcome a baby into the world so I'm sure time won't be found as easily in the next few months. I'm going to try like hell to work on it as long as the wife doesn't kill me.

      This car isn't perfect nor a collector's item so I don't feel bad about cutting it up. The cutting that will be done is going to be small though, I think the swap and other modifications will be very subtle. The 2nd gens have always been one of my favorite body styles as well, I think they hit the nail on the head with this design!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com