Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 145

    Thread: 1979 Trans Am

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by im4u2nvss View Post
      What slave is used? Looks like an adapter plate also? Curious why there kit does not use a stock 98-02 f-body slave. I am working on clutch stuff and wondering if there are better options now then the stock f-body stuff. Thanks
      This one right here: https://shiftsst.com/concentric-slave-cylinder.html

      Correct, there is an adapter plate that bolts on where the original slave went. The plate just has a nice flat surface for the new bearing to sit on.

      I'm using the whole Silver Sport Transmissions PerfectFit hydraulic setup. I've talked to Jeff over there quite a bit and he said that they use this particular slave cylinder because they're simple and had great success with them. Although this is the first time I've used their kit, I'm familiar with this style slave cylinder from a few of the Mustang's that I've had in the past.

      Last edited by Josh@Ridetech; 01-22-2020 at 12:01 PM.


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com