Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 21 to 40 of 145

    Thread: 1979 Trans Am

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      South Lyon, MI
      Posts
      1,244
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      Thanks! I'm eager myself. Sadly, I may be eager for a while. I'm about to welcome a baby into the world so I'm sure time won't be found as easily in the next few months. I'm going to try like hell to work on it as long as the wife doesn't kill me.

      This car isn't perfect nor a collector's item so I don't feel bad about cutting it up. The cutting that will be done is going to be small though, I think the swap and other modifications will be very subtle. The 2nd gens have always been one of my favorite body styles as well, I think they hit the nail on the head with this design!
      Also, the second gens have pretty good suspension geometry from the factory compared to the fist gens. Not much cutting is generally needed.

      I started my project before my 19 year old daughter was born. She is the last of 5 children. Now that she is generally independent as well as her older siblings, my progress has accelerated dramatically. I have made more progress in the past year than in the first ten years. It is always a balance of time and money.






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com