Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 53

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      925
      Country Flag: United States
      Here are some more pictures of everything mocked up for the engine. Im working on building a custom radiator support now for the C&R NASCAR radiator and carbon duct.









      1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan




    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Posts
      65
      Bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      925
      Country Flag: United States
      Water pump came in the other day, working on having spacers made up to clear the front timing cover. From what I can tell this is a very high quality part, I was a little sticker shocked by the price but its worth every penny. With only a 6-7 amp draw on the electrical system this thing is going to be great! Spacers will be water jet cut locally by my neighbor and then sent off for a hard coat anodize.





      1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan



    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      925
      Country Flag: United States
      This past weekend I made a trip out to NY to visit my engine builder and to drop off a lot of parts for him. My block is almost ready for assembly, just needs a final hone and a dip in the tank to wash it out completely and then its time to install the Callie's 408ci stroker kit. I forgot how nice the Stage 2.5 243's I had Texas Speed & Performance do for me came out!











      1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan



    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      925
      Country Flag: United States
      Another side project I'm working on for the Firebird is the steering column. I know that doesn't sound overly exciting or complicated but I wanted to have power assisted steering without all the fuss of hydraulics (lines, pump, reservoir) Introducing The Vauxhaull Corsa C electronic power steering column and spares I picked up over the weekend. This column has been used in motorsports for a while on kit cars and rally cars alike. The nice part about it is you can variably adjust resistance of a knob I will mount on the dash! A lot of information on this was discovered from reading up on MkII Escorts in the UK used for rally racing, Then I met a guy locally to me that does Time Attack and he was swapping out his set up for some even more wild KYB system.

      I fitted my Sabelt steering wheel to the Woodward racing quick release (zero play in this unit) and added some carbon fiber brackets I will be using to secure the column to the chassis.













      1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan



    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      925
      Country Flag: United States
      More parts on order, I hope to get another full update on for next weekend


      1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan



    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      Jersey Shore
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Loving the direction this car is heading!
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      925
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by vette427-sbc View Post
      Loving the direction this car is heading!
      Thank you! I had a vision when I originally started my build but it’s evolved in a pretty solid vision now. Just time and money at this point to make it happen. Mostly time since I’m doing it all myself and I’m only home on weekends.


      1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com