Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 163

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Your doing a lot of nice work, it's coming out great.

      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Quote Originally Posted by KiwiStarChief View Post
      Those wheels look cool; I really like that look with hubcaps on them. Keep up the great work, you are doing a tremendous job.
      Thanks! I wanted to keep it old school appearing.

      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Your doing a lot of nice work, it's coming out great.
      Thank you! When I read some of the other build threads its pretty humbling. Some of the guys on this forum have unbelievable fabrication skills. Mines pretty simple in comparison but it should be fun to drive I think.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by rlovell383 View Post
      Thank you! When I read some of the other build threads its pretty humbling. Some of the guys on this forum have unbelievable fabrication skills. Mines pretty simple in comparison but it should be fun to drive I think.
      Don't sell yourself short your doing some damn nice work here.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Don't sell yourself short your doing some damn nice work here.
      Thanks.. I'm really stoked to drive this thing. Its going to be so much fun I think.
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Made a bunch of progress today! Finished the rear brake lines and flex hose.



      Mounted my proportioning valve and made a bracket for it. Also plumbed all the lines up to the front of the cab. Once the motor is in I can route the front lines. I wanted to leave room for the headers to make sure everything clears. Nicopp tubing is THE BOMB.



      And for the most satisfying moment of the whole build so far... She is on wheels for the first time since I tore it apart last November. Looks so cool even as a rolling chassis!!!

      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Figured out how the power brake kit goes together. Very clever design. Thumbs up for No Limit. Just to clean and paint the parts.



      Got the fuel line plumbed and secured also.



      Simple yet effective:






      Just need to mount my proportioning valve and a few more brake lines and she's going back on wheels!

      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Very Nice!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      UPS brought me a box of interior goodness today...





      Trying to keep the interior simple and clean and not too modern looking, but functional. I'm really happy with it.

      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      275
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice choice on the seats. I really like the color you went with.
      Brian

      1972 C10 - 454/TH400 - Short bed conversion - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...1972-C10-SoCal
      1970 Nova - LS Swap - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...Cal?highlight=



    10. #10
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Quote Originally Posted by bs46488 View Post
      Nice choice on the seats. I really like the color you went with.
      Thanks! I used TMI for the seats on my 67 Camaro and I'm really happy with them. These didn't disappoint!
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Jonesboro, Arkansas
      Posts
      2,506
      Country Flag: United States
      Going to be a really nice build, I'm watchin'

      Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Going to be a really nice build, I'm watchin'
      Thanks
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Well today was productive....

      Had some friends and family over to help lift the cab back onto the chassis. I got the underside all sandblasted just before everyone showed up!







      Talk about motivation.... I love the way it looks already! Once the cab was on and I was left to my devices, I was practically running around the garage like a chicken with my head cutoff trying to figure out what to do first!

      Full steam ahead cutting out the old firewall...



      No turning back now!!



      Cutting and fitting a little at a time.....






      Almost there. After a full day of wrenching I had enough and will finish the firewall tomorrow. That should help squeeze the big caddy in.

      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Are you trimming the inside floor or are you trying to keep the inside structure ? I'm loving this build, great work.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Are you trimming the inside floor or are you trying to keep the inside structure ? I'm loving this build, great work.

      The weld line will end up being near the bottom of the new firewall metal. I still have more trimming to do. Otherwise everything else will remain original.
      Thanks for following!
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Test fitted the engine before final welding of the new firewall. Seems pretty good...





      Here goes nothing!







      It better be okay because it ain't coming back out now!!






      Next up is installing the drivetrain! Then pull it back out so I can detail the inside of the cab and paint the firewall. Mockup the steering column and wheel and test fit all the driving parts... Progress.
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Welded in some front end bracing...

      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      I couldn't resist...





      Seems like enough leg room. The new seat has a fairly thin backrest so it goes back further than stock I think. I'm loving the look. Some matching carpet and some elbow grease and it will spiff up pretty easily I think!

      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Auckland, New Zealand
      Posts
      72
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Looks just like it came with it. Neat colour too.
      cheers Russell

      My 1957 Pontiac Star Chief powered by a 5.3 LS with a 4L60E transmission, on 18" US Mags Big Slots.

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Columbia Co. NY
      Posts
      283
      Quote Originally Posted by KiwiStarChief View Post
      Looks just like it came with it.
      That’s exactly the look I’m going for so I’m thrilled you say that!!
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

      My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com