Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 204

    Threaded View

    1. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      I got my rear tail panel on and welded on the lower valance like I had before for a cleaner seamless look. At this point I had decided that because I was in need of a new rear bumper from the accident anyway I may as well use a fiberglass flush mount style. I have done two 69 sportroofs with this style bumper one a Anvil and the other a Mustangs To Fear. They both fit like a typical fiberglass part and needed plenty of work to make fit right. I am glad both companies are offering these parts and I know it is tough to make a part fit every car as there are slight inconsistencies in these cars. With that being said it would appear both of these companies designed them to fit a 69 model and simply assumed they would also work on a 70 like the factory steel bumper does. The factory steel bumper had such a large gap that it was much more forgiving in its fitting both years than these flush mount bumpers are. From personal experience the Mustangs to fear bumper fit a touch better out of the box for a 69 car and needed less work. I chose an Anvil fiberglass one for mine as it lent itself better to a 1970 model. After some surgery I have it fitting pretty good with a little finish work left. I also had to change the bumper mounting studs as they were too low for my 70 but I didn't have this issue with either of the 69's I did.

      Name:  20620795_10159613500940354_8366121420699770185_n.jpg
Views: 8196
Size:  61.2 KB
      Name:  20621347_10159613501170354_453889072265426378_n.jpg
Views: 8458
Size:  60.7 KB
      Name:  20621851_10159613501160354_5591658544452337475_n.jpg
Views: 8175
Size:  53.5 KB
      Name:  20708067_10159613501410354_6152325348296337847_n.jpg
Views: 8191
Size:  53.8 KB
      Name:  20638670_10159613501380354_8176208905814518764_n (1).jpg
Views: 8147
Size:  37.7 KB
      Name:  20604579_10159613501390354_7140247482874392189_n.jpg
Views: 8013
Size:  45.4 KB
      Name:  20621961_10159613543405354_4075605203991560261_n.jpg
Views: 8148
Size:  60.1 KB
      Name:  20604370_10159613543420354_733559259038256186_n.jpg
Views: 8145
Size:  42.9 KB
      Name:  20621749_10159613543615354_8686598823403994345_n.jpg
Views: 8116
Size:  60.2 KB

      Last edited by builttodrive; 08-06-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: add photo





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com