Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 84

    Threaded View

    1. #38
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Tampa, Florida
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: United States
      Overall I am pretty happy with the project so far. I started in July and, with limited time, have been
      able to get this far in less than 6 months. I was just thinking about it and one of the reasons I have
      been able to do so much in such a short amount of time is because I haven't had to purchase much. If I
      had started with nothing I would still be building the rear suspension because I wouldn't be able to
      afford all of the parts that kept the project progressing at this pace. Eventually I will reach a point
      where money (or lack thereof) will slow the project down considerably. So far the only things I have
      had to purchase are:


      • Tubing/plate - $340
      • Wheels - $550
      • Wheel widening - $500
      • Rear tires - $500 (Closeout)
      • Trailer fenders - $120
      • A-arm Delrin bushings - $300
      • Misc. hardware, paint, etc. - $100




      Sub-total - $2400
      -Parts sold - -$700
      TOTAL - $1700

      As you can see the wheels/tires have been the bulk of what I have spent so far and a good portion of
      that was paid for with the money I made from the stock wheels/tires and rear end. I know I won't get
      too much further without having to spend money but it's been nice using up a lot of these parts I have
      been sitting on for years. And unlike past projects it's been fun going such a long stretch without
      finances slowing it down for long periods of time...
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Current project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ect-53-Bel-Air





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com