Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 83
    1. #61
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      St. George, UT
      Posts
      1,144
      Country Flag: United States
      While block sanding moves along Bob did a quick spray out of the colors on the old hood. You can see the charcoal gray at the bottom and then a few shades of BMW blue paint hues. Which shade appeals to you?

      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

    2. #62
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      195
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm sorry but I'll be mostly not helpful and say all the blues look good with the gray. And I know you have a color scheme mock-up and all, but with how you did the test paint it makes me think of the Boss Mustang hood stripes. And doing the blue on blue stripe from the hood, down the fender could look really cool.

      If I had to pick a color to go with the gray I'd pick the main blue you laid down on the front corner of the hood.

    3. #63
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      St. George, UT
      Posts
      1,144
      Country Flag: United States
      You're right, that's not helpful, ;) Lol! Just kiddin'... I like the front blue too, and I think Bentley's leaning toward the lighter shade in the wide stripe. At this point he's torn whether he likes the gray and blue combo and we may just paint the whole truck blue, so I throw it out to you guys to hear your thoughts too.

      Personally I think these trucks with their very rounded Popeye type curves kinda get lost with a single tone paint. They gray and blue are different enough that they contrast quite a bit and break up the monotony. In that case Brawls, your liking all the blues with the gray is helpful.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

    4. #64
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      I've seen one of those trucks with a blue similar to the darker one. It really didn't work that well. I was surprised because I like metallic or pearl blue. I don't know what the answer is but " not all blue". I saw a candy blue one with polished wheels that was ok but it lacked a wow factor. The paint was perfect but it needed some mods to give it a boost.

    5. #65
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      South Lyon, MI
      Posts
      1,244
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the darker blue that is on the front corner. I think the lighter blues may wash out in the sun. If you were here in Michigan, I would say sunshine is not an issue. But in southern Utah, it is.

      I am eager to see the finished product. This is a cool project.

    6. #66
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      195
      Country Flag: United States
      The lighter blue might have a touch more contrast vs the gray, and with two tone paints, I really like the contrast. I just like the darker blue a little better. I think the painted simulated trim line will help as well, if the colors aren't as different in tone or lack the contrast. I think sticking with the two tone paint is the way to go. I wish two tone paint looked better on 1950 Ford trucks, then I'd two tone mine when I repaint it.

    7. #67
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      St. George, UT
      Posts
      1,144
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the input fellas. As we continue with other parts of the build we still are undecided. Maybe I'll leave it at that and just surprise everyone when it's done.

      Here's a cool bit of custom work- what do you do when you lack a decent headliner? Of course there are several methods for this issue but we wanted this interior with it's late model Mustang cues to have that same level of smoothness and refinement to the headliner and other interior panels. The solution we have going on here is flip the truck upside down, fill the roof cavity with a special foam, shape the foam and fiberglass over it, and then add a thin skimcoat of metal glaze to smooth and even it all out. This will be wrapped in leather and then trim pieces will be made to finish off the edges.

      More details coming in here and underneath the cab, stay tuned!



      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

    8. #68
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      One of my friends did headliners by waxing the outside and shooting fiberglass on it. He would cut it in the middle to narrow it and glue it back together. He used a chopper gun and would be finished so quick that it was impressive.

    9. #69
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      St. George, UT
      Posts
      1,144
      Country Flag: United States
      Now there's an idea. I have a 73 Nova that had a heavy cardboard headliner wrapped in vinyl. Pretty much everyone of them I've ever seen has drooped. Now you can buy an ABS plastic version to wrap but they're over $300! Supply and demand I guess. That 'glass on the outside sounds like a good way to pull it off for the guys who can't flip the car on a rotisserie. Thanks for sharing.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

    10. #70
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      St. George, UT
      Posts
      1,144
      Country Flag: United States
      While the cab was in the body work booth getting final sanding and the bottom bed lined the back half of the truck was in the paint booth making the transition from busted up to BMW blue and beautiful. As usual Bob laid down some sweet hue which after curing will get buffed to a glass-like finish. To be continued...







      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

    11. #71
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Texan Back in Texas!
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      I need more details on the "foam" and method used.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

      However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

      Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Give the painter an "atta boy" .

    13. #73
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Sweet Color! Nice job shooting it too.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    14. #74
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      St George Utah
      Posts
      1,243
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      I need more details on the "foam" and method used.
      Sorry top secret !!!



      lol
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

    15. #75
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      St. George, UT
      Posts
      1,144
      Country Flag: United States


      ;)
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

    16. #76
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      St. George, UT
      Posts
      1,144
      Country Flag: United States
      "Hey, hey we're jammin'" ... and sprayin' ...

      Laying down the base coat on the cab and you can't help but think this blue shade even looks nice in satin too, right?



      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

    17. #77
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      British Columbia
      Posts
      509
      Hey Ben , great build . I was wondering , did you used to be with Killer Kustoms in Po Co ?

    18. #78
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      St. George, UT
      Posts
      1,144
      Country Flag: United States
      Not me but all the management was. Blake started Killer, eventually Roger and Jay joined in and they bought Speedtech and ATS early in the game. Killer was disbanded to grow Speedtech and it's exploded into what we have today. Production was moved to the US about 5 1/2 years ago. Besides manufacturing some awesome parts the tradition of building show winning cars ramped back up roughly a year after moving here.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

    19. #79
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      British Columbia
      Posts
      509
      Quote Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech View Post
      Not me but all the management was. Blake started Killer, eventually Roger and Jay joined in and they bought Speedtech and ATS early in the game. Killer was disbanded to grow Speedtech and it's exploded into what we have today. Production was moved to the US about 5 1/2 years ago. Besides manufacturing some awesome parts the tradition of building show winning cars ramped back up roughly a year after moving here.
      Yes , of course Blake . I was reading a thread on Lateral-g in which Blake was telling the SpeedTech story . Killer built some beautiful machines .



    20. #80
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      St. George, UT
      Posts
      1,144
      Country Flag: United States
      That they did, some very cool cars and talent came out of that north of the border shop, and it continues here with a talented U.S. based crew. We have a couple more new guys coming in so we should be picking up pace with our backlogged a bit schedule and we'll continue producing more show winning, street driving and track whoopin' cars. ;)

      Initial mock up of body panels on the F100. Hmmm, maybe 2 tone isn't necessary after all?



      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com