Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 37

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      592
      Country Flag: United States

      My Mullet Truck build

      I didnt want to post anything until I had 4 wheels on the ground.
      The stars aligned this weekend and I managed to rent a welder and had enough Steel to get that milestone done.
      So what is a Mullet Truck? Like the saying goes, Business in the Front and Party in the back!
      I picked up a little Toyota Pick up a couple years ago from some less than talented guys who thought they were mechanics in Bakersfield. A 1985 SR5 Extended cab. I got it on the road after redoing EVERYTHING they touched. Its been a good little truck. A little tweeking of the EFI, Header, Fox Mustang muffler and pipe. Got great MPG.
      Well now health dictates I am going to be needing an automatic if the dr has his way so I began to think of my options.
      I hatched a plan one day when I got a message from a bike builder that recently moved and left a 69 Eldorado sitting next to the shop and needed it moved. It took about 20 seconds to figure out what I was going to do with it.
      Im no stranger to the Big Caddy engine. The last project I built was putting a 500 in a Pinto. But this one is going to be different, This time around its going to be the whole drivetrain in the back of the truck.
      So I have been collecting some parts for about a year now and got enough to make the rolling chassis.
      The big picture plans:
      Toyota truck Complete Eldorado Drivetrain Fox/Sn95 Mustang Front suspension with coilovers, 13"Cobra Brakes I stretched the wheelbase 10 inches in the rear. Full Cage, Knockoff Bullet Wheels 17X8 in the front, 18X10.5 in the rear
      I was going to go with a lower more "Racetruck" build but my major dislike for this state made me rethink the direction of the project so I changed to a more "Burly" build to be a little better suited to less than stellar roads.
      This will be a slow build as money and time allow. I would rather spend the money on parts than expensive tools or people to do it so like most of my builds it will be done "Amish Style" as the people who know me call my stuff. So if you are looking for super high quality stuff like a lot of the people here do, this will not be it!
      As it was when I picked it up

      Attached Images Attached Images  
      The rule is measure twice and cut once. My problem is I still measure with a mic and cut with an axe!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com